Brewdog Beer in Pattay

tolsti

Has anyone seen any of the Brewdog craft beers in a bar or pub in Pattaya?.... if so where?. I had some of their draught Punk IPA in BKK recently and it was great. They do at least 5 different brews and whilst they are a bit expensive they do taste great.

Saw some in supermarkets around town, only the 'punk' IPA and one other thing I can't remember.

Haven't seen other of their stuff like the punkin in Bangkok either, maybe the importers only bring in just a couple variety

Think i have seen this stuff in

Pastrami on rye and Mick's Mexican Jomtien.

Cant be 100% sure on the name but think its an American beer so not that interested myself smile.png

Not cheap, i bet ?

It is Scottish, and very good.

Cant be 100% sure on the name but think its an American beer so not that interested myself smile.png

Not cheap, i bet ?

Ok

My mistake, disregard my last post. ohmy.png

Their story is actually quite interesting... Google them. Having said that, the craft beer business really started in the U.S. I remember when I ran a Whitbreads pub in Burgess Hill in West Sussex which had previously opened a micro-brewery, I used to get magazines dedicated to the craft beer scene from the U.S. every month. Not all 'Merkin beer is Budweiser type piss.

Had one at BigC just outside, a few year s back.

Had a beer, total crap, never went back.

Think the beer was made there, but cant be sure.

One was setting up on North end of beach road, again a few years back, dont now what become of it.

could have been just a fake gear set up, who knows.

Edited by onemorechang

• 5 months later...

I have met brewdog in The Cove Pub Pattay (Thappraya road intersection Jomtien). They have Punk IPA on tap and variety of bottled. In terms of craft beer selection is pretty nice. Also I saw there Belgian, German, UK, USA. For those who are looking for a good beer it's right place

I have met brewdog in The Cove Pub Pattay (Thappraya road intersection Jomtien). They have Punk IPA on tap and variety of bottled. In terms of craft beer selection is pretty nice. Also I saw there Belgian, German, UK, USA. For those who are looking for a good beer it's right place

I go past there regularly, never seen a customer in there yet, big investment for such little return? or maybe their turnover is huge on paper, just guessing !!!!!!blink.png

Edited by bartender100

• 4 weeks later...

Although not generally a beer man (more of a whisky drinker), I'm planning on getting a few bottles of the various brewdog brands in for the festive season for friends (and possibly myself)to sample, I know both the founders of the company who come from my home town area yet I've never tasted the stuff so a good time to try it I think, any particular outlets in Bangkok or better still ayuthaya or suphanburi where I can buy these beers?

Not cheap, i bet ?

Aye... the best thing tae come oot o' the Broch since the road tae Peterheid.

Brew pub in Pattaya would do well

I was reading an article today about how popular the brew pub and whole beer experience is in Hanoi whereas it completely misses the market elsewhere in Vietnam. To make money in Pattaya, one would need local clientele in numbers and not rely on balloon chasers and tourists to make it work. I don't immediately see droves of Thai punters buying bespoke beers but a buddy that opened such a venture in Udon last year was surprised at the initial uptake by the locals but I haven't checked with him whether there's still a sustainable local interest.

Brew pub in Pattaya would do well

I was reading an article today about how popular the brew pub and whole beer experience is in Hanoi whereas it completely misses the market elsewhere in Vietnam. To make money in Pattaya, one would need local clientele in numbers and not rely on balloon chasers and tourists to make it work. I don't immediately see droves of Thai punters buying bespoke beers but a buddy that opened such a venture in Udon last year was surprised at the initial uptake by the locals but I haven't checked with him whether there's still a sustainable local interest.

The Barrels at the Ozone near Rayong have a load of the Brewdog beers on their menu but everytime i have asked....mai mee mister, which is a pity as it has decent food as well.

[quote name="RogerSmoly"

You must to be kidding - they propose 660ml Punk IPA for 450THB, that would be 341THB per pint. I would better have pint of thus beer in this bloody Cove pub for 290THB

Assuming you're referring to the same beer Roger? I don't think any pubs around my way would stock the stuff then again my order will most likely be a one off so I ain't goin to beat myself up over costing a few baht extra for a one off buy at this time of year,,,

Edited by jonnyscot