Guinness arrives at Lake Maprachan

johnnybgood

Around the lake is nice and quiet.

The last thing we want is an Irish pub an drunken farangs staggering everywhere.

Keep them in the Avenue mall or Jomtien out of harms way

Try keeping up to date smile.png Shenanigans at the Avenue closed several years ago.

The new Shenanigans brings us some excellent draft beers, at reasonable prices and hopefully a new choice for good food. As yet I have not sampled their cuisine so cannot comment on taste and quality, however, the new owner showed me his kitchen as it was being installed and if the quality going into the equipment is matched by the food, we are in for some treats.

To endorse the Original Poster, yes welcome to Steve and Scot, a most welcome addition to our community, I for one especially like your Campaign For Real Ale Idea with a guest CAMRA beer every few weeks.

It is only fair to point out though that there has been good food around the lake for a while now:

The Fisherman does really nice Indian curries, I have been many times now and taken friends, all of whom have returned more than once.

The Mediterranean resort (located just a little off the Lake on the road towards the 36, down a little Soi behind the Brass house) has very good Farang food, mainly based on European style but a menu with good variation and choice, also, in my opinion some of the best Thai food that I have ever eaten. Again I have eaten here many times and see many familiar faces coming again and again. Many mixed couples too because of the excellent Thai food.

All in all, life up by the lake is getting better and better with fewer and fewer of the cowboy idiots that used to blight this area hanging around. A much better quality neighbourhood now, life is good!!

The last thing we want is an Irish pub an drunken farangs staggering everywhere.

Keep them in the Avenue mall or Jomtien out of harms way

Try keeping up to date smile.png Shenanigans at the Avenue closed several years ago.

Exactly , that's why I havnt been back there las

few years.

The new Shenanigans brings us some excellent draft beers, at reasonable prices and hopefully a new choice for good food. As yet I have not sampled their cuisine so cannot comment on taste and quality, however, the new owner showed me his kitchen as it was being installed and if the quality going into the equipment is matched by the food, we are in for some treats.

To endorse the Original Poster, yes welcome to Steve and Scot, a most welcome addition to our community, I for one especially like your Campaign For Real Ale Idea with a guest CAMRA beer every few weeks.

It is only fair to point out though that there has been good food around the lake for a while now:

The Fisherman does really nice Indian curries, I have been many times now and taken friends, all of whom have returned more than once.

The Mediterranean resort (located just a little off the Lake on the road towards the 36, down a little Soi behind the Brass house) has very good Farang food, mainly based on European style but a menu with good variation and choice, also, in my opinion some of the best Thai food that I have ever eaten. Again I have eaten here many times and see many familiar faces coming again and again. Many mixed couples too because of the excellent Thai food.

All in all, life up by the lake is getting better and better with fewer and fewer of the cowboy idiots that used to blight this area hanging around. A much better quality neighbourhood now, life is good!!

Ha Ha.

Pull the other one. cheesy.gif

I have lived out by lake Mapbhrachon for over 4 years now and I like it a lot.. I ride my road bicycle almost everyday with never a problem.. Most folks both Thais and foreigners are nice.. I like watching the new businesses cropping up around the lake. I wish the new pub owners the best of luck..

I have lived out by lake Mapbhrachon for over 4 years now and I like it a lot.. I ride my road bicycle almost everyday with never a problem.. Most folks both Thais and foreigners are nice.. I like watching the new businesses cropping up around the lake. I wish the new pub owners the best of luck..

I think the only issue these days is actually getting into town when one wants to.

But that hits everyone on the other side of the Suk lately.

I love the unbridled enthusiasm of the noob in the morning.

WOT. ?????

MrBanks

What what what?

He sounds like a chap from the Tourist Authority of Mabprachan

.... brings us some excellent draft beers, at reasonable prices and hopefully a new choice for good food. .....if the quality going into the equipment is matched by the food, we are in for some treats.... a most welcome addition to our community, .....all of whom have returned more than once.... very good Farang food, ... in my opinion some of the best Thai food that I have ever eaten. ... the excellent Thai food.

So what's wrong with cowboys? You an indian or something?

Anyway, bugger the Guinness... do they have Old Speckled Hen?

Edited by NanLaew

Keep them in the Avenue mall or Jomtien out of harms way.

Just wait until Central opens their new Mall.

Is that for real? Personally I'd welcome the idea.

Oh! That's interesting! Which ales are offered?

According to FB;

Guinness - 199/pt

Abbots Ale - 199/pt

Fosters/Crown Gold - 120/pt

Heineken - 99/pt

Tiger - 99/pt

Magners Irish Cider - 165/pt

Abbot Ale is good and 199bht for a pint of guiness is not bad. Is the Abbot ale draught or bottle?

The Magners is quite cheap as long as it's draught. I would of thought the management would be monitoring this thread and answering the many questions asked as its took them an age just to put the prices on.My friends and I are having a sweepstake on how long they will be open before shutting down.