Red Shuttle Bus on Soi Thong Lor

TallGuyJohninBKK

Seen this red shuttle bus for years when I've been around Thong Lor, but was never really sure how it worked or where exactly it went, or how much it cost... And didn't find much mention of it online here on ThaiVisa.

So this past weekend, had to take a trip up Thong Lor from BTS Thong Lor almost to the Khlong Saen Saep, and ended up catching the red shuttle bus both ways. Here's the basic info:

7 baht fare per trip. Runs 7 days a week, usually about every 5 minutes during peak times weekdays and every 10 minutes peak times on weekends/holiday. Starts around 6 am and finishes around 9 pm.

Catch it right at the BTS Thong Lor stairs furthest away from Soi Thong Lor (not the closer stairs to the soi). The bus then turns up Thong Lor and goes all the way up to almost Klong Saen Saep before making a U-turn, and back the opposite direction.S

Still not entirely clear about the pickup points and drop off points along the route, except that the driver appears to be willing to stop pretty much anywhere along the soi you want, and likewise for pickups (though I can't vouch for that exactly).

Saw this schedule posted on a pole at the Saen Saep end of the route.

post-58284-0-78657600-1433669142_thumb.j

I've taken that bus for years. Yes, it stops for pick-up or drop-off pretty much anywhere, (although bus-stops are preferred.) There's a buzzer next to the door that tells the driver you want off. I walk down Thonglo from the BTS in front of the first 7-ll and there's one usually waiting there.

(It just recently hiked the price up from 5.5 Baht to 7 Baht! :o )

I walk down Thonglo from the BTS in front of the first 7-ll and there's one usually waiting there.

Yes...that's right, about the bus usually waiting/stopped a block or so up Thong Lor before making the trip up the soi.. So that may be the best place to catch it, even though it's a bit more of a walk from BTS

The stop I mentioned at the farther BTS stairs on Suk Road before Soi Thong Lor may technically have been the last stop on the return route... I guess I'll have to check next time if they'll let people on there for the up the soi trip...

Years to learn this 555 ♥♥♥

No... years before I had any reason to travel up to the far end of Thong Lor near Petchburi Road, as opposed to closer places within walking distance of BTS Thong Lor.

But more to the point, given the years ThaiVisa has existed and all the gazillions of posts, please post a link to any prior ThaiVisa post that actually gave the route and fare details for the Thong Lor shuttle...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK