A/C Air conditioner cleaner recommendation?

darrenh

So far I haven't had good luck. I could clean my units as good as some of these people clean. I'm looking for someone who:

- cleans the coils with a high pressure cleaner/steamer

- also blows out the drainage pipe. They always seem to get plugged.

Any good recommendations of people you have used in the past?

Thank you as always,

What area in Phuket ?

Sorry, for got that little bit of important information. We live in Chalong. Some have suggested Homepro, but definitely want a few more suggestions before giving them a call. :)

Can't give you a concrete suggestion for a cleaner. However we tried a few here in Bangkok. 500 baht per unit should get you good service. If you need refill coolant it will be little more. Just keep on trying out different companies.

For the blocked drain pipe my suggestion is to blow it out and then rinse with a chlorine solution (Haiter and water). That will keep them clean for 6 months or so.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After we have tried many (unsuccessful) different A/C cleaners, I have found a great company for virtually anything. http://zionproperty.com/

Owner is Swedish, wife Thai. Really good work. Actually had them do some renovation work as well and it was top notch.

Are they a lot more expensive than the thai companies?

usually a cleaning is 400-600 per AC

I didn't notice any difference, but I've never paid 500. Home pro always charges me 7-800 (I'm assuming with a refill also perhaps?). This company charged the same thing. I just loved the great service. And even when they did some construction work the owner came and checked the work and made them go back and make sure the detail work was done. My go to company now. :). Happy to see what others might say if they give them a try. (Mattias is the Swedish guys name. )

• 7 months later...
On 08/06/2015 at 6:19 AM, darrenh said:

Sorry, for got that little bit of important information. We live in Chalong. Some have suggested Homepro, but definitely want a few more suggestions before giving them a call. :)

recommend hompro chalong or choo chuay tradding.

Changmai pestcontrol and airconditioning were good at servicing and cleaning airconditioners and did charge 500 baht for cleaning

They clean them properly with a high pressure water cleaner, easy to find on the Internet

Were located in Chalong

Edited by madmax2

But when you have to refill some freon, then you need some service stuff who have them for refill. I not sure how often you have to refill, but I guess this should not happen often. Because normaly you only need to refill if you have a whole where some freon can leave the circuit.

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

But when you have to refill some freon, then you need some service stuff who have them for refill. I not sure how often you have to refill, but I guess this should not happen often. Because normaly you only need to refill if you have a whole where some freon can leave the circuit.

Think that link only helps with cleaning, the most frequent maintenance. If not cooling and needs gas then special equipment like a freon tank, guages, and hoses. 

2 hours ago, bearpolar said:

Any place actually know how to clean the outdoor unit? They all tell me that they can't because it would break the AC.. There's 2inches of dirt and animal hair on the outside metal coils and i can't find the product made to clean that

Pretty sure my aircon guys use a pressure hose. No direct spray on any electrical parts.  I'll watch when they call by later today and report back.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, federicoP said:

My Saijo Denki today decided to enter in strike and stopped to work :sad:

Imagine this would have happened in April/May... In the last 3..4 months my A/C was running about 1 hour in total, just to check if it is still alive.

9 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Imagine this would have happened in April/May... In the last 3..4 months my A/C was running about 1 hour in total, just to check if it is still alive.

No, it should be overly lazy: it was working just about one hour per day until Saturday and suddenly, Sunday morning, it went on strike.