Twelve passengers injured in bus crash at Don Mueang airport

webfact

Twelve passengers injured in bus crash

6-9-2015-11-17-03-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Twelve passengers were injured, two seriously, when an inter provincial bus they travelled in from Yasothorn skidded amid heavy downpour, smashing through a fence wall of Don Mueang airport and concrete pillar.

The accident happened at about 3.00 am Tuesday.

The bus, belonged to Wattana Sakorn Tour Co, was on the way to deliver 12 passengers still remained on the bus to Mor Chit bus terminal in Bangkok after it left Yasothorn province with about 40 passengers.

The driver, identified as Marin Deewai, 50, said after over half of passengers left at the first stop in Rangsit, he drove on to send the remaining 18 passengers to Mor Chit.

But as he arrived near the airport sudden heavy downpour forced him to put on the brakes.

However the bus skidded and went out of control. It smashed through the airport’s fence wall and rammed the pillar that put it to a halt.

The bus was badly damaged with all its left side glass windows broken. All passengers who included four women, were injured, two seriously. They were admitted to Bhumibol hospital for treatment.

Don Mueang police detained the driver for reckless driving that caused injuries to passengers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/twelve-passengers-injured-in-bus-crash

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-09

12 Injured in Don Mueang Airport Bus Crash
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK — Twelve people were wounded, including a woman who lost the fingers on her left hand, when a public bus crashed into a wall outside of Don Mueang Airport in northern Bangkok early this morning, police say.

The bus was carrying 18 passengers from Yasothon when it smashed into the barricade outside of the airport's entrance at around 3 am today, said Pol.Lt. Worakorn Nattamangkang, an officer at Don Mueang Police Station.

According to Pol.Lt. Worakorn, four women and eight men were injured in the accident. He added that all windows were broken, and one of the victims lost the fingers on her left hand. Another victim suffered a broken shoulder.

The inter-provincial bus was operated by Wattana Sakhon Tour company.

Narin Deewai, the 50-year-old driver, reportedly told police he lost control of the bus because of heavy rain at the time. Narin has been charged with reckless driving leading to injuries and property damage.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1433836074

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-06-09

Hope the injured recover fast.

As for that rain? How dare it force the driver to brake. Its should be ashamed of itself. Now the rains made the bus crash and break all of its windows as well on one side. The cheek!!!. Naughty rain, brakes and barrier. Charges should be laid against the indignant pillar as well for causing such an unexpected and inconvenient halt.

What is an unsuspecting driver to do when these things are sprung on them.

For a moment there, I thought the driver might have been responsible for the bus and passengers, then I remembered where I was. cheesy.gif

The rained forced him to apply the breaks? How about easing off the accelerator, and shifting to a lower gear? Oh, wait,Thai only know two things about vehicles. Gas pedal and break pedal, and push them both as hard as they can.

If a proper incident investigation were to be carried out, they would find that despite all the contributing factors the root cause of the accident would be the rain-making ceremony carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and their soothsayer Sorajja Nual-yu--Thailand's Nostradamus! Technically, it really is their fault. Damn rain! wink.png

The rained forced him to apply the breaks? How about easing off the accelerator, and shifting to a lower gear? Oh, wait,Thai only know two things about vehicles. Gas pedal and break pedal, and push them both as hard as they can.

Breaks ... break pedal???? coffee1.gif

Ok, ok, I typed that before I'd finished my first cup of coffee. So sue me. coffee1.gif

If a proper incident investigation were to be carried out, they would find that despite all the contributing factors the root cause of the accident would be the rain-making ceremony carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and their soothsayer Sorajja Nual-yu--Thailand's Nostradamus! Technically, it really is their fault. Damn rain! wink.png

Actually is it not a strange co-incidence that the rain came shortly after the "Bang Fei" festivals in Issarn and The North?

These home made firework sessions are supposed to bring the rains ready for the rice planting. They are much loved by the people of Issarn and the North, who always vote for Thaksin!

What more proof could you possibly need, it's a FACT I tell you, it is all the fault of the man from Montenegro.......

Edited by JAG

and further to my last post, this has got to be the only bus i know that has had an acident and the brakes worked. it always "oh brakes fail, cause crash"

The last thing the driver expected when he pressed the brake pedal, was for the brakes to work w00t.gif

Ok, ok, I typed that before I'd finished my first cup of coffee. So sue me. coffee1.gif

Oh, give us a brake.facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

Just read about another bus crash in Krabi on Phuketwan and the 3 Hong Kong ladies that died in Cha-am a few days ago. When will they even acknowledge this god awful subject?

Not soon. 26000 deaths a year, but it would need a change in 'road behaviour' from just about every road user in the country, and a massive and prolonged safety campaign with honest and thorough police backing to bring road deaths down to the level of the developed world. About 2000 deaths per year for a country this size. I wouldn't expect anything ever to be done, there is no public will or interest, and responsible government agencies are not even at the 'pre-contemplative' stage.

Meanwhile there is all that unpleasant spitting to sort out.

I went to that airport in a rain storm, and my driver his the brakes to avoid the car from going into about a meter of water.

I am wondering what the road condition was like at the time the driver went into that section at

3AM. Have any of you critics drove your own cars at that time of night in that part of BKK. I doubt

it! I certainly have seen the city a few times in rain storms, and I thank God that my Thai relatives were

driving in their 4 by 34 pickups with ample clearance. This story is better than of hearing that the bus went

out of control and everyone died. Just saying of course that it could have been worse.

Hope the injured recover fast.

As for that rain? How dare it force the driver to brake. Its should be ashamed of itself. Now the rains made the bus crash and break all of its windows as well on one side. The cheek!!!. Naughty rain, brakes and barrier. Charges should be laid against the indignant pillar as well for causing such an unexpected and inconvenient halt.

What is an unsuspecting driver to do when these things are sprung on them.

For a moment there, I thought the driver might have been responsible for the bus and passengers, then I remembered where I was. cheesy.gif

You should never force a bus driver to brake, because we all know what those brakes are like on their buses

More to the point is -Will they fix the bus or is it going to rest in pieces?

It will buff out and there's lots of Chinese auto glass suppliers. As for the brakes, what you can't see doesn't matter.

Welcome to Thailand where there are no enforced safety standards and where the government doesn't care.

A complete inability to drive according to conditions. Not just this guy...but you ever notice how many more vehicles are in the ditch after a rain?

Agreed but just look at the driving license test, it is a joke and give you no idea about road safety