Buying House In Foreigner Controlled Company Ok?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why why why do people still tihnk you can by some silly trick buy land - you cant - get it - its not legal - whats wrong with you all you deaf - sorry u can if you invest 40 mill baht

idiots

I agree with you, but being one of those self confessed idiots who did this 3 years ago, I am interested to know if you are aware of any follow up by the authorities in the last (nearly) 6 months. Have any lawyers offices been raided, or any farang been separated from 'their' much loved land yet?

I would be interested in any horror stories you may have.

why why why do people still tihnk you can by some silly trick buy land - you cant - get it - its not legal - whats wrong with you all you deaf - sorry u can if you invest 40 mill baht

idiots

No don't think the majority of us are deaf but sure we can all read; your style of writing makes me question who really is the idiot?

The power of hindsight must be a wonderful thing. I too am one of the many idiots who took advise from reputable Thai lawyers and agents some years ago and as a result have genuine concerns for the future.

Perhaps idiots is the correct term for we in this unfortunate situation, who have allowed ourselves to be surrounded by so many wise men after the fact :o

Edited by suiging

• 2 weeks later...

Not really. Not all foreigner controlled companies are illegal. I worked as a constitutional and international lawyer under the Thaksin Admin till the coup, and still all americans can own up to 99.999% of a company in Thailand under the Amity Treaty.

I have owned my companies for 7 years here and they are all owned majorally by myself, with minor stock %'s to Thais and other non-thais in Asia. I even still own my house in Bang Khen as a company under the Amity Treaty.

The law made by the King only applies to US citizens tho ...

I am buying a house in a large development. I was already in too far when all these rulings came out. my developer just sent me this email since he knew i was worried about it. I thought i might have to do a 30 year lease with the option to transfer anytime i wanted. does anyone know about this?

Email from developer :

"We've had some news, that you may have already heard: It seems that the

rumour that finally foreigner-controlled companies will be able to own one

property with up to 1 Rai of land, has been put to paper. I'm waiting for a

proper translation, but our lawyers have already seen it and confirm it.

I know you were not too worried about this, as in Thailand there is always a

way, but it will make life easier anyway."

thanks

Jimmy

I may be wrong, but this seems so unlikely as to be laughable.

I think this guy is having you on.

First of all, foreign controlled companies are illegal, so if they were to change the law, it would be individuals, not companies that would be given the right to own land; in a similar way that they can now own condos, under certain conditions.

I just cannot believe that in the current political climate that any government official iwould be concerned about foreigners owning land - political suicide at present, IMHO.

But I may be wrong :o