TM.7 renew

AliasJohn

Hi folks. Can someone please tell me how many copies I have to submit of the application for extension of temporary stay along with the usual other things such as photos etc to Immigration. I have an idea it is 2 sets of copies however I would like confirmation as I live 110 kms from Hua Hin and don't want to make two trips.

Thank you.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello John,

Do you have to go to Hua Hin to do this? Can't you use the immigration office at the Thai-Burmese border? I went there a week or so ago to do my 90-day report and I was surprised by how informal it all was. The immigration officer said that there was no need to complete any form because all of my information was on the computer.

Hi mate. The local immigration as you rightly pointed out is hassle free. However they only do 90 day reports and minor things like real entry permits. To renew a one year visa you have to go to Hua Hin which I did do last Tuesday. I have to say in my 8 years of this process this was by far the easiest I have experienced. The whole thing took 45 min. I had all my documents in order and it was a breeze. They sting you on the photo copy though, 3 baht a copy. The copies required is one complete copy and original. Thanks for your input though. Cheers.

Thanks for the information about Hua Hin. I am happy to hear that it was easier than you expected, but I am sorry to hear that the frontier office only does minor things. I should have realized that from the size of the place.