What Would You Bring Back?

uptheos

Probably a topic that has been done to death, but never mind.

If you were visiting several European countries, Poland and Czech republic plus the UK, and had say 50 kg allowance in your bags plus hand luggage after necessities.

What would you bring back to Thailand?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recently I've found myself bringing back higher quality 'Baby' items which are much cheaper in the UK....

Such as:

Push Chair (x2 - one light weight)

Travel Cot

Clothing (for a toddler - from NEXT)

Footwear (for a toddler)

Quality kids toys

Most quality items are cheaper in the UK than in Thailand.

Mature Cheddar cheese and Brie.

It would invariably be the hard to get/expensive food items.....

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

Those three things can be got in Chiang Mai on a as needed basis.

The cheese sounds good though

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

Those three things can be got in Chiang Mai on a as needed basis.

The cheese sounds good though

Also in Pattaya - but the Colmans is 210 Baht for a small jar, you need a mortgage to buy the pickle/mint sauce and the cheeses are pang! (Extra mature is 179 a quarter - and I can get offers around £5 a kilo - the Brie is around 1,000 Baht a kilo).

When I had a restaurant I would bring back tea bags, sage and onion stuffing, horseraddish and a Christmas cake (made by my ex- mother in law).

clothes and shoes that fit you

shoes you have used before so they are comfortable , and an extra pair when the first ones get soaked in the rain,

spice packs you like or powdered drink mixes,

I pack 3 bags all the time but normally its small gifts , but I once brought a windshield !

After loading up on what I consider essentials that are impossible to find out here, like certain vitamins, shoes my size, decent shaving cream (Edge, which is actually a gel), decent olive oil, spices, and so on I'll fill out my bag capacity/weight limit with things to eat and have a mad munch fest my first few weeks back. Also some things in cans and jars that can sit around for a while, like maple syrup and jams.

When I lived in Brazil my neighbors looked forward to me bringing back candy, so I was obliged to carry 2 lb bags of jelly candy and huge Hershey bars. Something absurd about bringing chocolate to Brazil and eating it on a cocoa plantation, but all the chocolate candy in that country has the taste of powdered milk.

Aberdeen mealie pudding. Irn Bru and regal king size. Maybe some Danish back bacon.

A friend tells me he can buy Bru in Patts but I live up north in the back of beyond.

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

Branston available now at Tesco here in Pranburi under the "foreign food" section

clothes and shoes that fit you

shoes you have used before so they are comfortable , and an extra pair when the first ones get soaked in the rain,

spice packs you like or powdered drink mixes,

I pack 3 bags all the time but normally its small gifts , but I once brought a windshield !

pathetictongue.png I brought some 8 foot long step ladders last time, a Honda Hedgecutter and Honda blower

Decent rawlplugs, gingerbread men, midget gems, tools way cheaper in the UK for Bosch etc Power tools Honda plastic window spacers, shower mixer taps stainless hans grohe, good stuff is way way more here and much cheaper in the Uk imported direct from Germany in the case of Hans grohe

Recently I've found myself bringing back higher quality 'Baby' items which are much cheaper in the UK....

Such as:

Push Chair (x2 - one light weight)

Travel Cot

Clothing (for a toddler - from NEXT)

Footwear (for a toddler)

Quality kids toys

Most quality items are cheaper in the UK than in Thailand.

Next brand isn't that cheap. I know a kids grandmother that lost control and clocked over 10 grand on that site. The kids well clothed though.

Poland and Czech Republic, then Salami's and there Chilli Power flakes, 1kg cloth bags from a market., also at market if you could use big wooden spoons.

​UK, sounds silly, underwear, pants here never last very long, mustard powder. Golf type umbrella, as for heavy stuff maybe cheese, rich fruit cake [pour brandy over every month cover in foil here. great for Christmas]