uptheos

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i brought my wife some new gardening tools a couple of year ago,,lol

Hope you also bought her a hat to wear while in the sun, with that gear.

weegee mate,

youve seen her she has a good head of hair unlike me,,lol

French cheeses, dried salami's, sliced Gouda, smoked ham.

PM me when the goods have arrived.

Anthony I let my dad on a regular basis send me cheese (5 kg of it) So far it has always gone through customs without tax and problems. This way i get good quality dutch cheese. Even with the added shipping costs its still cheaper and better quality as here.

Anthony I let my dad on a regular basis send me cheese (5 kg of it) So far it has always gone through customs without tax and problems. This way i get good quality dutch cheese. Even with the added shipping costs its still cheaper and better quality as here.

granted it may be cheaper getting it sent, but you can buy Dutch cheese here...from Holland believe it or not, so I struggle with your remark about quality in Thailand, are you saying Dutch cheese, made in Holland and exported to Thailand is crap and that Dutch cheese is crap ? rolleyes.gif

granted it may be cheaper getting it sent, but you can buy Dutch cheese here...from Holland believe it or not, so I struggle with your remark about quality in Thailand, are you saying Dutch cheese, made in Holland and exported to Thailand is crap and that Dutch cheese is crap ? rolleyes.gif

I am saying that you have no idea about Dutch cheese. There are so many variants and many of the good ones are just not being exported. My parents buy my cheese straight from one of the famous cheese plants in the Beemster.

Just like Heineken is a Dutch beer for export that does not make it our best quality beer.

I am saying that you have no idea about Dutch cheese. There are so many variants and many of the good ones are just not being exported. My parents buy my cheese straight from one of the famous cheese plants in the Beemster.

Just like Heineken is a Dutch beer for export that does not make it our best quality beer.

It's better than Oranjboom.

Mature Cheddar cheese and Brie.

It would invariably be the hard to get/expensive food items.....

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

Branston available now at Tesco here in Pranburi under the "foreign food" section

Thanks...... and also in Makro/Foodland/Friendship etc............ but the price is prohibitive.

A big slab of air dried ham would be good....stick it in your big chiller cabinet in the basement.

Makes good use of it until the day you turn red and tire of your wife.

Alone in the basement with your slab of hamblink.png

I once brought from USA Vermont Cabot Cheese which I purchased at the source in VT. By the time it got back to Thailand, the oil had started to separate. Now when I want to bring cheese back from the USA, I bring back no-refrigeration-required Kraft Velveeta.

How about bring back quality touristscoffee1.gif

Shutup Kris, like you can talk.coffee1.gif

What is a quality tourist?

That is a good question.

Are quality tourists just an urban legend?

I once brought from USA Vermont Cabot Cheese which I purchased at the source in VT. By the time it got back to Thailand, the oil had started to separate. Now when I want to bring cheese back from the USA, I bring back no-refrigeration-required Kraft Velveeta.

So no substitute for quality?

How about bring back quality touristscoffee1.gif

Shutup Kris, like you can talk.coffee1.gif

What is a quality tourist?
That is a good question.

Are quality tourists just an urban legend?

In my mind they would be suburban.

Boring boring people.

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

you forgot Marmite!

No he threw that in the bin once he found vegemite

Colmans mustard

Branston pickle.

Mint sauce.

you forgot Marmite!

Haha!..... only because I have 3 jars in stock acquired from Siem Reap (at a favourable price)........... otherwise it would have been on there smile.png

Nurofen Plus and Lemsips.

Nurofen/Ibuprofen you can get and lemsips are just paracetamol in fake lemon flavour. All in Thailand.

Nurofen Plus has 12mg of codeine and is certainly not available in Thailand! Lemsip contains 12.2mg of Phenylephrine hydrochloride, also unavailable in Thailand.

Nurofen/Ibuprofen you can get and lemsips are just paracetamol in fake lemon flavour. All in Thailand.

Nurofen Plus has 12mg of codeine and is certainly not available in Thailand! Lemsip contains 12.2mg of Phenylephrine hydrochloride, also unavailable in Thailand.

Good stuff, but if you are unlucky enough to get stopped they will confiscate it unless you have official paperwork.

Although codeine is banned that's about all that will happen. A friend of mine had about 100 generic Co Codamol all in original boots bags with receipt. They just told him he couldn't bring it in and gave him some kind of form that indicated he could appeal, but he never did.

Good stuff, but if you are unlucky enough to get stopped they will confiscate it unless you have official paperwork.

Although codeine is banned that's about all that will happen. A friend of mine had about 100 generic Co Codamol all in original boots bags with receipt. They just told him he couldn't bring it in and gave him some kind of form that indicated he could appeal, but he never did.

Yeah, but worth the risk IMO. Nothing conquers a headache better than the Ibroprufen/codeine combo!. Nurofen Plus packets don't look very different from regular Nurofen, so I've always assumed they wouldn't be inspected in any detail. I bring some back most times I go back, and have been here 10 years, so I have a good supply!