What Would You Bring Back?

uptheos

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once brought from USA Vermont Cabot Cheese which I purchased at the source in VT. By the time it got back to Thailand, the oil had started to separate. Now when I want to bring cheese back from the USA, I bring back no-refrigeration-required Kraft Velveeta.

So no substitute for quality?

Velveeta has its place in life's scheme of things.

Nurofen Plus and Lemsips.

Nurofen/Ibuprofen you can get and lemsips are just paracetamol in fake lemon flavour. All in Thailand.

Nurofen Plus has 12mg of codeine and is certainly not available in Thailand! Lemsip contains 12.2mg of Phenylephrine hydrochloride, also unavailable in Thailand.

My mistake

OK I come from the U.S. this is what I usually have on my list

Glucosamine with Chondroitin

Cortasone 10

Hot sauce Pico Paco

Enchilada sauce

Splenda large bag for baking sugar substitute

Splenda individual 1000 pkg sugar substitute
Cheese cheddar and colby
Underwear
Coffee, Folgers and Taster's choice (way cheaper)
Dried meat ( sausage)

Gebhardt Chili Powder

ROKU 3 for TV

Heinz sweet relish

2 spatulas silicone

Good Seasons salad dressing mix

liquid smoke

Silvadine for burns

Borax 20 mule team to kill ants

Underwear

2 bicycle tubes

Bicycle tube glue – to prevent punctures or slow leaks

Arid deodorant XXX spray

Icy-Hot pain relief cream

Brass water faucet and couplers/ with threads for garden hose

Magnetic hide a key box

Jell-O pudding mix

Carroll Shelby’s Chili Mix

Pyrex Plastic/rubber spatula- no burn

Diamond Sharpining stone

small boxes Velveeta Cheese

Masa flour

Edited by jcgodber

I once brought from USA Vermont Cabot Cheese which I purchased at the source in VT. By the time it got back to Thailand, the oil had started to separate. Now when I want to bring cheese back from the USA, I bring back no-refrigeration-required Kraft Velveeta.

Yes it does. I'm just trying to remember where, LOL.

Velveeta mixed with some Rotel tomato/chili makes a great dip for tortilla chips, but probably not experienced much outside of southwest USA. Decent sheets and towels would be a few items I'd bring back, plus a good bottle of bourbon. Most of the food items people have mentioned here I have no idea what they are, those brands must be UK or European. I'd like to bring back a few thick Angus steaks, but alas, isn't going to happen.

Nurofen/Ibuprofen you can get and lemsips are just paracetamol in fake lemon flavour. All in Thailand.

Your knowledge of painkillers seems to be as weak as your judgement of Marmite!! tongue.png

For myself, Japanese scotch from duty free in Narita. For daughter, shoes, clothes electronics. For Nanny high quality non stick frying pans. For lady friends, watches, hand bags and make up.

Japanese Scotch?

Have the Japanese annexed Scotland?

Velveeta mixed with some Rotel tomato/chili makes a great dip for tortilla chips, but probably not experienced much outside of southwest USA. Decent sheets and towels would be a few items I'd bring back, plus a good bottle of bourbon. Most of the food items people have mentioned here I have no idea what they are, those brands must be UK or European. I'd like to bring back a few thick Angus steaks, but alas, isn't going to happen.

The Brits in Thailand seem to be the most inclined to want to eat what their Mother's served them when they were 6 years old.

Edited by JLCrab

Your knowledge of painkillers seems to be as weak as your judgement of Marmite!! tongue.png

Ouch! that's harsh.

Not as harsh as marmite however.

I too have been tempted to bring back a few U.S.D.A. grade A prime beef steaks (dry ice)

How about bring back quality touristscoffee1.gif

Shutup Kris, like you can talk.coffee1.gif

What is a quality tourist?

One with money in their pockets ? Kerching ! rolleyes.gif

Don't forget Twiglets (remember them ?), 'Caramac', English sweeties for local-children, freeze-dried coffee (much cheaper there) , Rose's lime-marmalade.

How about bring back quality touristscoffee1.gif

Shutup Kris, like you can talk.coffee1.gif

What is a quality tourist?

one who comes with a fortune and goes home WITHOUT IT.

So he came to Thailand with quantity, and went home as quality.

Yes it does. I'm just trying to remember where, LOL.

Velveeta is nice to have around in case some day you don't want to or can't go out to buy something else to eat.

Going back to the Home Country in August and got a loooong list.

(hard) toothbrushes

my favorite herb- ketchup

Steakpepper

books in the Home language

mt favorite brand of Vodka

all kinds of herbal tea

Aspirin +c

some sweets

instant soups

...and so on...

------------------------

By pure coincidence my Mother has family that actually lived in Cabot, Vermont. Most are deceased now and sleeping in the Towle section of the cemetery in Cabot.

Still a lot of living Towle's in Cabot.

Glastonbury twanger mature cheddar cheese

a two year old leg of air dried Parma ham

Gala pie

pate

Polish sapoka

28 day dry aged beef

a Welsh rack of lamb

smoked duck

BBQ dry rub

nuts bought in the UAE

avocados

olives

and quality value wine using Mrs TFs baggage allowance as well. biggrin.png

------------------------

By pure coincidence my Mother has family that actually lived in Cabot, Vermont. Most are deceased now and sleeping in the Towle section of the cemetery in Cabot.

Still a lot of living Towle's in Cabot.

I have routinely visited that area of Vermont near Montpelier for the last 45+ years but I never lived there. My friend of that vintage lives on a property that his family has owned since about 1810.

As per the list a few posts above, I like to bring back food things that will last a while mainly spices, powdered buttermilk, and dehydrated 100%, maple syrup.

Edited by JLCrab

For myself, Japanese scotch from duty free in Narita. For daughter, shoes, clothes electronics. For Nanny high quality non stick frying pans. For lady friends, watches, hand bags and make up.

Japanese Scotch?

Have the Japanese annexed Scotland?

Our local distillery in Fort William, Scotland, is 100%Japanese owned. However it is 100% manned by locals.

real Ham. Real underwear.

A real leg of ham! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A huge one. With about a cm of fat all around.

That, and corned silverside (with 2 cms of fat).

Bacon that does not shrink to a tenth it's size after all the water they've injected into it evaporates.

Good old English pork or beef bangers.

Cheeses...but as someone has mentioned...the oil separates out and the cheese is not the same.

PIR activated lights for the porch and the stairs.

Vegemite.

White chocolate.