Alternative to international school Phuket, Lucky Dragon info?

Sally83

Hi, I've been looking for an alternative to enrolling my daughter (8 years old) in an international school for a short time (5 months).

The only option I've found is L.D.L.C in Thalang which offers short term British programme.

I've visited and everything seems good, but because they only have small class sizes (6) they are full at the moment and have a waiting list. Aprox 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone have experience with them? or know anywhere else that does the same thing?

Is it worth going on their waiting list?

Thanks for any help on this.

SF

Hadn't heard about this school before.
Sounds interesting.
Class size of 6 has good points and bad points IMO.
Good for one on one with the teacher.
Lacking in social skills.

Anyway, some more info would help.
Where do you live?
How far do you want your daughter to have to travel each day for schooling?

Is she Thai (can speak Thai)
As I'm thinking Darasamuth's English program MAY be an option for you, although class size is quite big and even though it's taught in English, the kids mostly speak Thai in between classes and things like swimming, art, music, I believe.

There are a few other small international schools that I've heard are looking for students (so might give you a break on the initiation fee), since so many have left in the past year.
But the ones I know of are in the south of Phuket.

Hello Sally,

yes I've heard of L.D.L.C. My co-worker sends his sons there.

He said they are amazing, they are here temporarily for about 6 mths until his project is complete.

They are very happy with the quality and price!

Just ฿16,000 per month!

He said they make it very fun and interesting for the kids, (themes and projects) as they appreciate it can be hard on some kids moving from place to place.

They are trained for students with difficulties, and have disabled facilities.

It was a god send for his wife as she was trying to home school.

They arranged for after school activities like scuba diving, swimming, art and archery. They have other languages too.

I think she found them through referral from a Thai friend who sends her boys there for extra English.

So I don't know how they fare against an International school but certainly an excellent alternative to home schooling.

Good luck

Magic

Hi, I've been looking for an alternative to enrolling my daughter (8 years old) in an international school for a short time (5 months).

The only option I've found is L.D.L.C in Thalang which offers short term British programme.

I've visited and everything seems good, but because they only have small class sizes (6) they are full at the moment and have a waiting list. Aprox 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone have experience with them? or know anywhere else that does the same thing?

SF

My two children aged eight and six attended this school during the holidays, they where moving from a Thai. School to a EP program at another school.

Their basic English reading and writing skills where much improved and they enjoyed their time there.

I can recommend it....

SF

My two children aged eight and six attended this school during the holidays, they where moving from a Thai. School to a EP program at another school.

Their basic English reading and writing skills where much improved and they enjoyed their time there.

I can recommend it....

Thank you all for your advice, I will wait on the waiting list! xx Sally