Water spout comes within a kilometer of Krabi fishing boats

webfact

Water spout comes within a kilometer of Krabi fishing boats
Eakkapop Thongtub

1434283116_1-org.jpg

KRABI: A group of fishermen fishing from their long-tail boats near Ko Pu island in Krabi's Khlong Neua district became startled earlier today after spotting a water spout that they claimed had come within one kilometre of their fishing boats out in the open ocean.

Fisherman Mr Samart Maikaew told reporters that he and a group of 10 fishing buddies were out fishing near Koh Pu when they noticed the spout, which spun for about 10 minutes before finally dissapating into the ocean.

"We were so scared as it got so close to us, but I managed to snap a photo with my mobile phone before it finally disapeared into the rain," he said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/water-spout-comes-within-a-kilometre-of-krabi-fishing-boats-52775.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-15

Came close to one of these off the scottish coast in the North Sea a number of years back whilst in the fishing industry, also saw a few pop up all within an hour on the same day working offshore in Saudi, nice to see and photograph but looks like this one as were the ones I saw, the centre covers only a relatively small area even though it's moving, not much of a concern in my opinion unless fishing from a canoe