Flying From Uk Mainland To N.ireland

Question:

We (my wife and I) have been invited to a wedding in Belfast in mid October.

Problem:

We've just sent both our passports off to the lovely IND as part of our ILR application, fingers crossed we'll get the ILR and our passports back in time, realistically i think not though...

and no doubt even if i do not, my wife will be expected to produce her passport at the airport... domestic flight or not!

any ideas ?

Question:

We (my wife and I) have been invited to a wedding in Belfast in mid October.

Problem:

We've just sent both our passports off to the lovely IND as part of our ILR application, fingers crossed we'll get the ILR and our passports back in time, realistically i think not though...

and no doubt even if i do not, my wife will be expected to produce her passport at the airport... domestic flight or not!

any ideas ?

Shouldnt worry too much ..however...

First of all you say that you are flying mainland to Belfast....think mainland to Brum ...Edinburgh or Cardiff....same single country .....little bit of water :D

On the otherhand nowadays its handy to carry ID when travelling especially a Passport even when only visiting a public toilet such is the level of paranoia over security so why take a chance.

Even domestic flights are insisting on Positive ID documentation for the most basic journeys and it is well advertised that passengers offering their BBC Blue Peter and or Tufty Clubs badges often get refused get refused.

Whe they started this a couple of years ago (never tell you anything..U.gotta read their minds) we were leaving on a run from Prestwick to Stansted and didnt have much to show apart from that is a couple of Wedding Pics ..which they accepted ..Ryan -Air)....but only the once.. :o

Best thing to do is give them a calland ask what they will accept.Usually anything legal looking with a picture .IE Driving License but it seems not a Student Union card....so Buzz them first... :D

Bit of Bumfp from Easy...wot airlines...FIO..

If you arrive for check-in at the airport terminal too late to check in as required above, or present yourself at the boarding gate later than the deadline above, you will forfeit your flight and no compensation will be given. However in these circumstances, you are requested to go to the easyJet sales desk, when open, and speak with our representative who may be able to help you. Please note that if you have also purchased speedy boarding, you must present yourself at the boarding gate no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your

Flight in order to board the aircraft first otherwise you will lose your place in the speedy boarding group and no compensation will be given.

The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services.

Passengers who use the online check-in service will be required to provide photographic ID at the security gate and again at the boarding gate :D