New Visa Rules

New Visa Rules  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New Visa Rule Poll to record the number of people prepared, unprepared and don't f-ucking care. (DFC) :o

The other similar links are informative, but don't really messure the problems and impact for those who are legal or not. Just interested to see. Aren't you?

Give it a test ride. :D

I tried to edit, but couldn't get your request on the list.

Add your coments Yes Prepared, No not welcomed, Don't know my , Don't even know my name, etc.... :D

For the above Poll :D

Yes = yes prepared

No = unprepared

DFC speaks for itself.

:D

Edited by ilyushin

Dunno still unclear - can't say one way or another - let's see if they enforce it at all.

For me it doesn't matter one way or the other - in fact I suspect that it will not be strictly enforced, and if it is, won't be the life-changing event most are predicting. However, It most certainly makes me feel less welcome... even if it mysteriously disappears tomorrow.

kind of strikes me that so many people were naive enough to live here in a complete gray area. even if the authorities allowed this to go on, what kind of life is this to run to the border every few weeks, not to speak of the general unpredictability of things here. people really thought those very tolerant visa implementations were written in stone?

strikes me as the people who bought properties under fake companies.

I eagerly hope every honest person in here being in visa troubles now finds a way out.

but next time please don't be that naive.

Dunno still unclear - can't say one way or another - let's see if they enforce it at all.

For me it doesn't matter one way or the other - in fact I suspect that it will not be strictly enforced, and if it is, won't be the life-changing event most are predicting. However, It most certainly makes me feel less welcome... even if it mysteriously disappears tomorrow.

DFC...

I've got a non-imm B (but am not one of your 'I'm alright Jack' Charlies)

It won't affect me, but I started a poll a couple of days ago where the stats were 20% of respondants were LIVING HERE on 30 day Visa Exemptions/Leave to Remain...

I found that particularly staggering - if you are, indeed, intending to live here long term, then why not get yourself a visa of any type?

BTW, I'm not talking about people that visit for short periods of time on a regular basis. 1 in 5 people that responded to the post LIVE HERE on 30 day visa runs...

As far as I'm concerned, this really shouldn't affect anyone - if you're planning on staying here long-term, there are plenty of ways to get yourself a legit visa. If you're planning on visiting occasionally, the new regulations/interpretations won't affect you...

DFC...

It won't affect me, but I started a poll a couple of days ago where the stats were 20% of respondants were LIVING HERE on 30 day Visa Exemptions/Leave to Remain...

I found that particularly staggering - if you are, indeed, intending to live here long term, then why not get yourself a visa of any type?

BTW, I'm not talking about people that visit for short periods of time on a regular basis. 1 in 5 people that responded to the post LIVE HERE on 30 day visa runs...

As far as I'm concerned, this really shouldn't affect anyone - if you're planning on staying here long-term, there are plenty of ways to get yourself a legit visa. If you're planning on visiting occasionally, the new regulations/interpretations won't affect you...

It does affect people who want to retire under 50.

It does affect English teachers whose employers fail to get them a work permit.

DFC...

It does affect people who want to retire under 50.

It does affect English teachers whose employers fail to get them a work permit.

Why? People in those categories just need to fly to Penang every 90 days to get a tourist visa. If they're retired, I'm sure they can afford it, if they teach, I'm sure that they've got a fair argument to pass on the expense to their employer. After all, the employer should be providing them with a work permit in the first place...