Non O Extention

Hi, I have all the paper work ready to hand into immigration to extend my Non O for a year, but theres just one question I need to ask. I've been told it will take a a month for them to consider my application for extention, but I have a 3 monthly visa run due early july, so if its approved, im guessing I wont have to do it?, but what if it isn't approved, and ive missed my visa run date whilst the application is being considered?, OR, do I still have to do it anyway?

Thanks,

PST.

You will get 1 month extension during the application is "under consideration", after that you get the remaining 11 months.

The consideration period is necessary as local offices can not do the one year extension based on marriage and employment, it's done higher up.

You will be applying for an extension of stay. Visas are not extended.

You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days after you apply for your extension or dependent upon the office 30 days from the date your current permit to stay ends. The stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. If it was not approved they would give you 7 days to leave the country.

You will not need to go out for another entry.

• Like 1

"The Thai witness I need, is this someone I take with me when I apply, or is it a signature that's needed?"

I have never heard of needing a Thai witness. Is this for a retirement extension? For marriage your wife needs to go with you, but other than that I would assume just a signature is desired

"The Thai witness I need, is this someone I take with me when I apply, or is it a signature that's needed?"

I have never heard of needing a Thai witness. Is this for a retirement extension? For marriage your wife needs to go with you, but other than that I would assume just a signature is desired

For an extension based upon marriage some offices ask for witnesses instead of doing a home visit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, so I have my 'under consideration stamp;, and have to return on 3rd august to hopefully get my remaining 11 months, however at the fron of my passport I have a bit of paper that says receipt of notification and says I am allowed to stay in the country for 90 days from july 1st?, so if I leave the country, do I still need to get a re entry permit, or does the 90 day note cover me?

im a bit confused as to why they have given me a month 'under consideration' stamp, but also a receipt of being able to stay for 90 days at the same time?

PST.

That slip is for a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country it is not an extension. It has the date your report is due.

Once you get your one year extension stamp you will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid if you want to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back last week to collect my remaining 11 months, I was told that it wasn't ready and to come back next week (gave me a date), however I received no stamp in my passport, when I asked him he said any problems contact immigration, and that they were telling everyone the same?

is this normal?

PST.

Most offices do not do a new stamp.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your application is approved, The report back date is just the date to go back it is not the date the under consideration period ends.

So I went back last week to collect my remaining 11 months, I was told that it wasn't ready and to come back next week (gave me a date), however I received no stamp in my passport, when I asked him he said any problems contact immigration, and that they were telling everyone the same?

is this normal?

PST.

Your post #8 indicated that you were required to visit Immigration on Monday of this week, so it's somewhat understandable that your extension approval wasn't done when you visited last week.

Edited by mark5335

Ubon Joe-thanks for all your help. I was hoping to get a re entry permit when I went back, but was told that I cant get one until my application is approved?

Mike-thanks for your input, I never put the exact dates on this thread, but I can see where your coming from.

PST.

• 2 months later...

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your application is approved, The report back date is just the date to go back it is not the date the under consideration period ends.

Regarding the "report back date", what happens if you miss it (late) by a day or two?

My guess is nothing as you already have the extension but I am not 100% confident in that...

Thanks for all your info ubonjoe, much appreciated.

Regarding the "report back date", what happens if you miss it (late) by a day or two?

My guess is nothing as you already have the extension but I am not 100% confident in that...

Thanks for all your info ubonjoe, much appreciated.

Just been informed it will cost 500bt per day, classed as overstay...

Off to immigration now biggrin.png

They can't really charge an overstay because you do not have a permit to stay. Just a report back date.

I have been 3 days late before and was not charged for an overstay.

That's what I was expecting but I called Samui Imm and they told me to get there today. She may have just said that for her own amusement, though - I wasn't about to argue tongue.png

Another example - a friend of mine went to get his extension put into the passport 2 weeks ago, but the approval was not yet given - he was told to come back the following Monday but the date was not stamped in his pp.

So in his case he would be past the return date; it was up to immigration to 'remember' he was there before and not charge overstay...