Hotels around Asok, Nana for under 1000 baht

konying

Just looking for some suggestions for a hotel around the Asok, Nana area for under 1000 baht.

I frequently visit BKK for shopping and usually stay in same worn out places, every time, guest relations officer from near by bar would tell me,there are better places for same or even cheaper prices.

Can anyone make a suggestion please?

I use to live in Soi 10 for 6 years, but many things have changed.

Stayed at Cosy at 10, prices now have gone up to 1400, while rooms have not been updated at all

Royal Asia has nice lay out room, but so worn out and outdated that its scary.

Ambassador, is rather dirty, with many guest suffering from bad "smell" so price just does not justify the rooms.

Business Inn, totally worn out.

I am only in BKK for 2 nights every few moths for shopping and party, so do not need fancy or expansive.

Thanks in advance

There are a number of boarding houses on sub-sois 100-150 metres down soi 4 on the left. The one I stay in has a huge room with sitting area/kitchen facilities/en suite. 700 baht per night - no breakfast. Parking is limited.

Do you need a place for the night or just 2 hours... Some of the girls there could help you get a cheap hotel..

Sent from my c64

If I stay for 2 days, I guess I need room for 2 days.

Sleeping for 2 hours would not really be sufficient;)

There are a number of boarding houses on sub-sois 100-150 metres down soi 4 on the left. The one I stay in has a huge room with sitting area/kitchen facilities/en suite. 700 baht per night - no breakfast. Parking is limited.

Cheers, not into boarding or guesthouse and no plan to cook :)

Royal express inn. 50 m from the start of soi 8. Sub soi to the right. 870 Baht. Good value. Great location.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Thank you, just checked their website and rooms look nice.

Are rooms nice in real life as the website pics?

Only ask, because Royal Asia in same soi, has great pics on websites, in reality pics are at least 10 years old, with tiny 21 inch ancient TV's mouldy bathrooms :(

It's not as it appears on the pictures but it's decent for the price. There are no elevator and the walls are thin so you might hear some noice but it's definitely the best value for 900bht in that area.

It's not as it appears on the pictures but it's decent for the price. There are no elevator and the walls are thin so you might hear some noice but it's definitely the best value for 900bht in that area.

See, I don't consider that good value. To each his own, though.

Nana City Inn has a lift and I slept well there when I used to stay.

Much prefer the 32nd floor of my condo though. :P

Much prefer the 32nd floor of my condo though. tongue.png

Even though you live on the fifth floor? laugh.png

Much prefer the 32nd floor of my condo though. tongue.png

Even though you live on the fifth floor? laugh.png

I'd hate to count the minutes of my life that are lost going up and down in the lift to my condo.

It has a mirror.....but then I am already perfectly groomed by the time I leave the condo.

What to do? :D

Nana city Inn is more like a brothel, isn't it? Can be annoying to stay there for more than a few days..

Its fine for a couple of nights....which is the requirement of the OP.

As to bringing girls back.....yup you can and they always take their ID and call the room before they are allowed to leave.

Not that I've ever used this service myself of course....

Anyway most hotels on Soi 4 are girl friendly or they would be empty.

'usually stay in same worn out places'

what do you expect for under 1,000 baht .... the Taj Mahal ......... gigglem.gif

Ohhh the smartass with useless comments managed to find a thread.

What do i expect for 1000 baht, well for starters a decent size TV, not a 20 year old 21 inch.

I also expect modern air con with remote instead of a built in ceiling one with control knob behind 15 year old fridge.

I would also like to see white ceiling and floors, instead of mouldy corners in the shower and yellow tub.

Perhaps a room that was painted in the last decade, instead of looking at wall paper from 1980's

Oh and before you come back with yet another useless smartass comment, i use to own a hotel in BKK and now own one in Pattaya, so i know exactly what to expect for 1 000, most likely a lot better than youthumbsup.gif

Nana city Inn is more like a brothel, isn't it? Can be annoying to stay there for more than a few days..

Its fine for a couple of nights....which is the requirement of the OP.

As to bringing girls back.....yup you can and they always take their ID and call the room before they are allowed to leave.

Not that I've ever used this service myself of course....

Anyway most hotels on Soi 4 are girl friendly or they would be empty.

Spot on, the only problem i have with soi 4 is annoying ladyboys, having to walk down the soi can be annoying.

Though i was in BKK about 3 months ago and soi 4 is NOT what it used to be, much more quite and lots more "upmarket" places.

Ambassador use to be great, with free entry to the the club in the car park, but it has been "taken" over by certain nationalities and hardly pleasant any longer :(

But Nana City or the Boss sounds like would be perfect for what i need, the 2 days of shopping and 2 nights of debauchery.laugh.png

You slept in the lift ?

No wonder you much prefer your condo

You slept in the lift ?

No wonder you much prefer your condo

Lol touche!

what do you expect for under 1,000 baht .... the Taj Mahal ......... gigglem.gif

there are many places in Thailand (Phuket, Khao Lak, Chiang Mai....) where you can get a 4-star Hotel including breakfast buffet for that price in low season. Will stay a few days at a lovely 4-star-Hotel in Khao Lak for 750 Baht plus Tax, incl BF-Buffet next week ;-)

@OP:

you can try the RED PLANET ASOKE Hotel (formerly known as TUNE HOTEL). tiny rooms, but great location - walking distance to Asok BTS/ Terminal 21. Hotel less than 5 years old. Though I am not sure if it is under 1.000 Baht nowadays, because it is extraordiniraily popular and fully booked most of the days.....

there are many places in Thailand (Phuket, Khao Lak, Chiang Mai....) where you can get a 4-star Hotel including breakfast buffet for that price in low season. Will stay a few days at a lovely 4-star-Hotel in Khao Lak for 750 Baht plus Tax, incl BF-Buffet next week ;-)

That's nice.....so when someone starts a thread about hotels for less than 1000 thb/night in places other than Bangkok that will be helpful. Unfortunately, the OP asked about finding a hotel in a specific area of Bangkok.

OP ... You may get something in that price range if it's further out. I cringe at the thought of even walking into one of those hotel rooms in soi 4. Do they ever exterminate the rooms properly ? I'm in the Marriot or Sheraton most weeks so it's still convenient to Paragon and restaurants.

There is that new hotel up past Asoke called the Retro ( formally crown ) .... not sure if it's that cheap though .. !

wai2.gif

Archived