Hotels around Asok, Nana for under 1000 baht

konying

Few on soi 11 for about 800 baht closer to nana up to 1100 for similar. Myself i would go back towards phrom pong and stay for 500 baht and just take the train or a mc taxi to get to nana. Best be sure to ask if hotel is *guest friendly given the proximity you prefer at nana.

Connecting Soi 6 and 8, bit up from that bar on Soi 8 and across there's the Crown (?) that used to be ok

Soi 3, past the Grace and then next right there's a couple down there 700, 800 ... PJ or PB being one I stayed at in the past. Was decent enough for couple of days

'usually stay in same worn out places'

what do you expect for under 1,000 baht .... the Taj Mahal ......... gigglem.gif

there are many places in Thailand (Phuket, Khao Lak, Chiang Mai....) where you can get a 4-star Hotel including breakfast buffet for that price in low season. Will stay a few days at a lovely 4-star-Hotel in Khao Lak for 750 Baht plus Tax, incl BF-Buffet next week ;-)

That's nice.....so when someone starts a thread about hotels for less than 1000 thb/night in places other than Bangkok that will be helpful. Unfortunately, the OP asked about finding a hotel in a specific area of Bangkok.

and I exactly ANSWERED that question in the next post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Yesterday, 13:09

@OP:

you can try the RED PLANET ASOKE Hotel (formerly known as TUNE HOTEL). tiny rooms, but great location - walking distance to Asok BTS/ Terminal 21. Hotel less than 5 years old. Though I am not sure if it is under 1.000 Baht nowadays, because it is extraordiniraily popular and fully booked most of the days.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so just open your eyes - people who have the ability to read have a certain advantage.

That's nice.....so when someone starts a thread about hotels for less than 1000 thb/night in places other than Bangkok that will be helpful. Unfortunately, the OP asked about finding a hotel in a specific area of Bangkok.

and I exactly ANSWERED that question in the next post:

Posted Yesterday, 13:09

@OP:

you can try the RED PLANET ASOKE Hotel (formerly known as TUNE HOTEL). tiny rooms, but great location - walking distance to Asok BTS/ Terminal 21. Hotel less than 5 years old. Though I am not sure if it is under 1.000 Baht nowadays, because it is extraordiniraily popular and fully booked most of the days.....

so just open your eyes - people who have the ability to read have a certain advantage.

And people who can read, write, and respond succinctly to posts have an even greater advantage on internet forums and in writing exercises in general. Perhaps some self-improvement classes in your future. Good luck!

(Here's a link to a dictionary website for the word "succinct". thumbsup.gif )

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/succinct

If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Connecting Soi 6 and 8, bit up from that bar on Soi 8 and across there's the Crown (?) that used to be ok

Soi 3, past the Grace and then next right there's a couple down there 700, 800 ... PJ or PB being one I stayed at in the past. Was decent enough for couple of days

Is the soi 6 and 8 connected?

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

what do you expect for under 1,000 baht .... the Taj Mahal ......... gigglem.gif

Ohhh the smartass with useless comments managed to find a thread.

What do i expect for 1000 baht, well for starters a decent size TV, not a 20 year old 21 inch.

I also expect modern air con with remote instead of a built in ceiling one with control knob behind 15 year old fridge.

I would also like to see white ceiling and floors, instead of mouldy corners in the shower and yellow tub.

Perhaps a room that was painted in the last decade, instead of looking at wall paper from 1980's

Oh and before you come back with yet another useless smartass comment, i use to own a hotel in BKK and now own one in Pattaya, so i know exactly what to expect for 1 000, most likely a lot better than youthumbsup.gif

I agree with your criteria, sorry to derail your thread but can you recommend a hotel in Pattaya that meets your requirements. Please do PM me your own hotel's name.

Yes. If you're on soi 8 and you walk down the second sub-soi to the right (7-11 on the corner, across from The Kiwi) you can cut through to soi 6. I'm relatively certain you can go all the way through to soi 4.

Yes. If you're on soi 8 and you walk down the second sub-soi to the right (7-11 on the corner, across from The Kiwi) you can cut through to soi 6. I'm relatively certain you can go all the way through to soi 4.

You are correct....turn right and go past Lolitas and you can walk through to Soi 4.

Ohhh the smartass with useless comments managed to find a thread.

What do i expect for 1000 baht, well for starters a decent size TV, not a 20 year old 21 inch.

I also expect modern air con with remote instead of a built in ceiling one with control knob behind 15 year old fridge.

I would also like to see white ceiling and floors, instead of mouldy corners in the shower and yellow tub.

Perhaps a room that was painted in the last decade, instead of looking at wall paper from 1980's

Oh and before you come back with yet another useless smartass comment, i use to own a hotel in BKK and now own one in Pattaya, so i know exactly what to expect for 1 000, most likely a lot better than youthumbsup.gif

I agree with your criteria, sorry to derail your thread but can you recommend a hotel in Pattaya that meets your requirements. Please do PM me your own hotel's name.
try soi honey or Honey Inn, many cheap inns on that soi, including breky, right off Soi bukao, Beautiful Massage ladies , right before soi bukao on Soi Honey in Pattaya, between 2nd Rd. A day soi bukao, Have Fun

OP ... did you book your cheap room yet ? you might want to stay somewhere around the bar they call cheap charlies, that way you won't have far to walk for a beer.

Have you thought about going over to stay at Khosan road ? there's alot of cheap places over there.

OP ... did you book your cheap room yet ? you might want to stay somewhere around the bar they call cheap charlies, that way you won't have far to walk for a beer.

Have you thought about going over to stay at Khosan road ? there's alot of cheap places over there.

I really don't get the snooty angle of some of this....when I was single I'd happily save some Baht by staying in cheap rooms....cheap not filthy.

Decent Bangkok hotels now are often 2500 Baht a night at least....and at that price many are not worth the money.

Exception for me is the Davis at 1600....which is a good hotel if a bit out of the way is same price in high season.

Moved on to condo living happily now.....can't beat a 25m swimming pool on my doorstep!

I really don't get the snooty angle of some of this....when I was single I'd happily save some Baht by staying in cheap rooms....cheap not filthy.

Decent Bangkok hotels now are often 2500 Baht a night at least....and at that price many are not worth the money.

Exception for me is the Davis at 1600....which is a good hotel if a bit out of the way is same price in high season.

Moved on to condo living happily now.....can't beat a 25m swimming pool on my doorstep!

nothing snooty. I agree and if the OP want's to know where the lower price hotels are then i'm saying he could stay near an area that is cheaper. Maybe he's not familiar with Bangkok ..

nothing snooty. I agree and if the OP want's to know where the lower price hotels are then i'm saying he could stay near an area that is cheaper. Maybe he's not familiar with Bangkok ..

Sounded to me like he wants to enjoy the pleasures of Nana....we can't deny him that! ;)

I have stayed at the high end hotels. Majestic grande, Sheraton and Dream in soi 15. I can afford it but there are no sharm in those places. I travel alone and I find it more social to stay at a hostel/cheaper hotel. You meet more people with same interests. It's easier to connect with other tourists and find new friends. The Khao San road is a typical backpacker - area. I tried that a few years ago. It's fun, a lot of party, drinking and you meet people fra the whole world. I prefer to stay at Sukhumvit. It's more central and close to nightlife. I got a lot of tips from this post and decided to book at royal ivory in soi 4. I will stay there for 3 days and it will be possible to extend it to 18 days for a reasonable price. Thanks for all the info guys. See you in Bangkok!

I have stayed at the high end hotels. Majestic grande, Sheraton and Dream in soi 15. I can afford it but there are no sharm in those places. I travel alone and I find it more social to stay at a hostel/cheaper hotel. You meet more people with same interests. It's easier to connect with other tourists and find new friends. The Khao San road is a typical backpacker - area. I tried that a few years ago. It's fun, a lot of party, drinking and you meet people fra the whole world. I prefer to stay at Sukhumvit. It's more central and close to nightlife. I got a lot of tips from this post and decided to book at royal ivory in soi 4. I will stay there for 3 days and it will be possible to extend it to 18 days for a reasonable price. Thanks for all the info guys. See you in Bangkok!

good someone appreciated the info from some responses ...

seems the OP left town ... whistling.gif

Troll, unlike you i do not fly in for 2 week holiday to be a 2 week millionaire.

Try reading before posting rubbish to appear at least little bit intelligent.

That's the one. The hotel in question was right on the corner and as mentioned, good shortcut into other streets around there too

Troll, unlike you i do not fly in for 2 week holiday to be a 2 week millionaire.

Try reading before posting rubbish to appear at least little bit intelligent.

It was top LOLs, mate

Thinking of the cheapest places he could think of and mentioning them ... TOP BANTS!!! rolleyes.gif

Archived