Driving licence

This link to the DLT website indicates that having a WP means that a residency certificate is not required

http://www.dlt.go.th/th/index.php?option=com_content&id=3471:renew&Itemid=88

That is not to say that individual offices may not have a different view on the requirements.

What offices are they in bkk?

This link has some info - no idea if up to date or not:

http://driving.information.in.th/thai-dmv.html

I did at Talling Chan BKK,, I used a work permit only because it has my address in it already..

If you dont have a wp then get a residency certificate from embassy.

They only accept originals. but make copies of everything before you arrive.

Dont forget a doctors cert too

Thanks but I havent found the answer of my question

Might be helpful if you learned how to use the search function, and do a little reading, instead of attacking the keyboard.

Yes, a work permit will do, and there is a DLT near the Mochit BTS/MRT station, and another on Sukumvhit road.

Might be helpful if you learned how to use the search function, and do a little reading, instead of attacking the keyboard.

Yes, a work permit will do, and there is a DLT near the Mochit BTS/MRT station, and another on Sukumvhit road.

thanks

The forum is badly done actually. Who can be bothered of reading all the comments??

I got a job and a family sorry :)

Do I need to book before?

thanks

The forum is badly done actually. Who can be bothered of reading all the comments??

I got a job and a family sorry smile.png

I didn't before, that was about 2 years ago. I went to the DLT near the Mo Chit BTS, just to the south of the station, on the east side of the road.

I did the 1 year, and later, the 5 year there. Just took a set of copies for each, Auto & MC, passport pages, medical certificate, home country licenses, etc. Took about two hours or less each time.

Edited by beechguy

thanks

I dont have any driver licence from any country tho

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Slags off the forum and then drops in that he does not have a licence - have you ever actually learnt to drive? coffee1.gif

thanks

I dont have any driver licence from any country tho

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Slags off the forum and then drops in that he does not have a licence - have you ever actually learnt to drive? coffee1.gif

Yes I drive. I just dont have a licence and want to do it. Whats wrong?

Nothing wrong and this case very clear that you have to do the full program.

Physical test (eye, color, reaction), theory test (45 of 50 q.), watching a lengthy video and a practical driving "test" (some simple exercise on the yard).

At our DLT there are lenghty queues for the practical test.

I yesteday applied for a motorcycle license (which I don't have on my national/international).

Tests will be on 6 and 7 July.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Physical test (eye, color, reaction), theory test (45 of 50 q.), watching a lengthy video and a practical driving "test" (some simple exercise on the yard).

I yesteday applied for a motorcycle license (which I don't have on my national/international).

thanks!

Im free on the 6 and 7 july too!! I want both car and bike

How did u register??

You do not need a medical when you've got a work permit. Just renewed both two weeks ago in Sisaket. Had to watch the movie, do the color and reaction tests for blind buffaloes and needed copies of passport and work permit.

You do not need any photographs, they're taken there. Fee was around 1000 something baht. Was there at 8.30 and left around 11.00.

Had a good book with me, just saying...thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I'll pray for you that you pass.....thumbsup.gif

You do not need a medical when you've got a work permit. Just renewed both two weeks ago in Sisaket. Had to watch the movie, do the color and reaction tests for blind buffaloes and needed copies of passport and work permit.

You do not need any photographs, they're taken there. Fee was around 1000 something baht. Was there at 8.30 and left around 11.00.

Had a good book with me, just saying...thumbsup.gif

No connection between work permit and need for medical. But with work permit no need for certificate of address.

For renewal of 5 year license quite often medical is not required.

thanks!

Im free on the 6 and 7 july too!! I want both car and bike

How did u register??

Hope you got me right?

Thats at our DLT (at some district town in Khon Kaen province).

How long the queue is and when it is closed will surely differ from DLT to DLT.

Here they accept only 30 applicants per day and only do 3 practical test days per week.

How did I register:

it was surprisingly easy, as my passport plus yellow book (as proof of address) was good enough (with x fotocopies, similar to req. at immigration for yearly extension).

The passport was thourougly checked for visa (Non O-A from 2011) and last yearly extension.

The fact that I already have a private car license seemed of no interest.

So I am afraid I have to do the full procedure.

The receptionist was in good mood and tested my Isan (Lao) language skills tongue.png

I wrote my name in a book with page open for next available day.

I read that some DLTs ignore the yellow book and still want a proof of address from immigration or embassy.

If you don't have a y.b. you will definitely need a proof of address.

So it might be an easy task or cause additional cost/hassle.

Edited by KhunBENQ