TV distribution/splitter options

Mooner

My friend has recently had a mtex psi mbox 10 set up for his hotel. The installer mentioned that if he wanted to plug in a set top box it could be connected but only one channel could be watched from the box or he could plug in a USB and send that to one of the channels.

Unfortunately the installer cant be bothered to come back and i was wondering if any wise TV members knew anything about this?

Yes. He already has 20 channels set up through the installer. He wants to disable on or two and add a channel through a set top box(one channel) and also have a tv playing things through a usb that can be sent to the rooms also.

Yes. He already has 20 channels set up through the installer. He wants to disable on or two and add a channel through a set top box(one channel) and also have a tv playing things through a usb that can be sent to the rooms also.

It's not really my bag to be honest, but it's something I want to do in the house.

But it looks like they supply the signal and the box does the separation.

Hard to see how you could sneak a channel in on that without maybe using a separate wiring system using a different input on each TV.

Hopefully this will attract someone who knows about these things.

998511_1384409935110923_1451189285_n.jpg

The PSI MTEX MBOX 10 is a modular rack-mount MATV Sat TV receiver/distribution center, that usually consists of

(optional) LNB Switch 2 in/14 out

10 modular DVB-S2 Sat Receivers with modulated RF Output, 720 x 576 PAL, 720 x 480 NTSC

with RF modulated output individually set to VHF Channels 2-12, S-Band 1-41, or UHF Channels 21-69

Wideband RF Modulator/Combiner used to rebroadcast all channels over in-house cable distribution system for reception by TV sets with conventional Analog RF tuners.

If you want to add in additional A/V content from other sources then they'll suggest you purchase and install an "Mod Shift", which is an AV to RF adapter compatible with the MBOX system.

Mod_Shift_4b8b768868d4b.jpg 29DBMe.JPG

With it you can Add-to or Replace an existing RF inputs on the MBOX as shown in the graphic below

1000999_1389281694623747_1101277433_n.jp

This setup seems silly to use with Free-to-Air Satellite content as it's limited to SD video and users would get more from a direct LNB Switch distributed system connected to individual DVB-S2 Receivers. It might be OK if you wanted to redistribute paid subscription content ... until someone arrived at the reception desk wanting a donation.

Can you tell that I don't like Analog RF signal distribution systems much?

• 2 months later...