Pager

nabbie

Now days I only see then used by people in the Emergency Response and Medical Fields in western countries (still the most reliable tech during catastrophes).

But here up north the public service people rely on radio and mobile phones.

20 years ago I used to have a pager watch. Small thing, with 'air' batteries. Came with free service.

My favorite, though, was voice pagers. Would call up friends/business associates and announce, "On-Call Coroner, Call Radio Dispatch. On-Call Coroner, Call Radio Dispatch".

The reason I bring up this topic is that my ex complains that I didn't answer her SMS / Line promptly. My Nokia Lumia 625 mobile's vibration is not as good as the pager's vibration which is incredibly powerful. It is really good for emergency reasons. I am born deaf so I rely on that. A shame; it is no longer exists. At least it throws some nice memories.

You might want to Search or Google: Bluetooth Vibrating Bracelet

AliExpress

DX.com

sku_25723_101.gif

Yep, those $30 Chinese smart watches also have a feature the shake your arm off too smile.png

The OP should consider how clever losing the "deaf/weak phone defence" is though :P

Edited by IMHO

My favorite, though, was voice pagers. Would call up friends/business associates and announce, "On-Call Coroner, Call Radio Dispatch. On-Call Coroner, Call Radio Dispatch".

555...I had the voice ones as well. Problem was, if you missed the "call", or it was garbled, that was it, no replay available.

Edited by dddave

I hated those voice pagers. I had a late night in London once and on the train on the way home the wife paged me to give me a rollicking. The thing was in the inside pocket while she ranted and raved so by the time I got to it everyone had heard and were pissing themselves with laughter.

I'm fairly certain I have never glowed redder but I had to laugh with them in the end.

biggrin.png

Re: BlueTooth Incoming call Vibrating Bracelet.

I have been shopping around in Phuket but the bluetooth heart rate bracelets seem to be the latest release. Pity this is not what I want. If any of you can spot that for incoming calls only, please kindly let me know of the location & contact. I shall be in Bangkok in end of this month - maybe a better luck there?

Just make sure you do a thorough check on any product you're interested in, do a search for the make/model and the word Forum to see if you can find other people talking about the product).

When I did a quick search for my original reply I found a few that were said to be absolute junk, or just bad. So suggest reading up.

Reminded of Dennis Duffy (Dean Winters), one of Liz Lemon's love interests on 30 Rock, who was the last remaining beeper salesman in New York City, and was known as the "Beeper King" (after the original Beeper King committed suicide)

Just make sure you do a thorough check on any product you're interested in, do a search for the make/model and the word Forum to see if you can find other people talking about the product).

When I did a quick search for my original reply I found a few that were said to be absolute junk, or just bad. So suggest reading up.

I find this thread useful & helpful and I am still gathering info at the moment. (and from another deaf forum, no joys yet). I have one question. Is it possible to transfer the incoming calls between Nokia Lumia 625 and classic Nokia (older model)?

For instance, Nokia Lumia which has the low quality of vibrating is my primary one. Classic Nokia (without simm card) with excellent vibrating should act as the "supporting" device. Both have blue tooth feature. Is there a way the classic nokia to receive the incoming calls via Nokia Lumia?

I am not sure if this does make the sense as I am no experts on bluetooth. Any suggestions/tips will be welcome.

< snip >

I have one question. Is it possible to transfer the incoming calls between Nokia Lumia 625 and classic Nokia (older model)?

For instance, Nokia Lumia which has the low quality of vibrating is my primary one. Classic Nokia (without simm card) with excellent vibrating should act as the "supporting" device. Both have blue tooth feature. Is there a way the classic nokia to receive the incoming calls via Nokia Lumia?

I am not sure if this does make the sense as I am no experts on bluetooth. Any suggestions/tips will be welcome.

Unfortunately, no. It won't work.

Bluetooth protocol can do many things, but it's usually set up to work on a Master/Slave structure.

Data and Networking can be the same device class. So here a phone can connect to another phone.

Audio and Notifications generally require a different device class. So no phone-to-phone audio or notifications.

You'll find most Audio and Notification devices are slave 'accessories'.

Not sure if any of these meet your requirements?

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=bluetooth+vibrating+bracelet

Evidently the 625 only vibrates once, some complain about it, maybe Windows Phone 10 might address this? (doubtful) Vibration does consume a lot of battery so understand why they limited it, but still should be able to select what you want.

You could flash Android, but not sure if the ROM gives more control over notifications/HW vibration.

Not sure if any of these meet your requirements?

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=bluetooth+vibrating+bracelet

Evidently the 625 only vibrates once, some complain about it, maybe Windows Phone 10 might address this? (doubtful) Vibration does consume a lot of battery so understand why they limited it, but still should be able to select what you want.

You could flash Android, but not sure if the ROM gives more control over notifications/HW vibration.

This link looks good but doubts about its O/S for Nokia. Easier by googling "nokia vibrating bracelet" for better compatibility. Consuming a lot of battery but still enough well over 24 hours. I am still happy as long as its vibrating can shock me of the incoming calls.

I spot the best link by luck as below:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetooth-Vibrating-Bracelet-Watch-speaker-With-Microphone-talking-for-all-bluetooth-phone-tablet-iphone-samsung-ipad/1517078781.html

Free shipping to Thailand & registered post are useful bonus so I am inclined to pinpoint it. No idea if the vibrating is good or not. The price is not too bad but aliexpress is very new to me. ermm.gif

Agree the Nokia/MS OS may be an issue.

You can flash Android for your Lumia, and then that opens up all sorts of possibilities re: modding and custom notifications.

Obviously an Android phone, even an ancient one, could also be modded, if the vibration isn't suitable. My phone vibrates (only) twice, but it is quite loud, and I can easily feel it.

There are a ton of Android apps for customizing notifications, and even apps that turn your phone's vibrations into a massager (insert happy ending jokes here).

I always remember "Our Man Flint" 's "alarm" watch.

Edited by bamnutsak