Leicester City orgy trio sacked for verbally abusing Thai women

webfact

The club didn't have much choice. Abusive racists do not fit football's image.

I'm pretty sure that abusive racism is what most people imagine when football is on the world stage. Bananas being thrown at black players, and immigrants being used as disposable slaves in Qatar spring to mind.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with racism, but Thailand should be one of the last to complain about this, as they are themselves a very racist population.

I agree. In every school I've worked, there's been at least one Thai teacher who lectures the students every morning, stating that the farang teachers know nothing, are no good & the students have to misbehave on purpose in their classes.

This would be bad enough in and of itself but the school admin are well aware of it yet take no action & are therefore complicit.

To get back on topic, I agree with the decision although it's obviously politically motivated.

As representatives of Leic FC, their behaviour was crass stupidity, and then filming and sending it to mates (probably ex-mates, now) compounded the stupidity. Whether the termination punishment fits the 'crime' is debatable, and I suspect it has more to do with the club's rich Thai connections and media coverage than the lauded racial slurs. Nevertheless, a salutary lesson for the lads involved and a strong message to others.

Disgusting. Why on earth should they lose their livelihoods because of something they did in their own time which had nothing to do with their ability to do their job? They can still kick a ball just as well as they did before.

(BTW, I'm not condoning their behaviour at all, which was also disgusting.)

Because a lot of football fans are children, who don't see these people as ball-kickers but as actual Role Models. Children are sponge-like and absorb information much more than adults, and they will absorb the behaviour of these footballers and the consequences too. If the footballers were allowed to behave in this manner without repercussion, children will take this as a green light to behave the same way in future.

As if a money profiting business (such as a football team) gives two-hoots about families and children!!!! honestly,, dont be so naive .

this is PURELY because of sponsorship and fear of losing their sponsorship money next season. THATS ALL. NOTHING MORE>

their Sponsorer is KING POWER (Thailand).. so you can imagine the Pressure and Embarrassment.

seriously this is nothing to do with kids and image and families.

its 100% about keeping their King power Sponsorship.

Personally, I always thought it was stupid how MPs and sports people resign coz of activities they do OUTSIDE of their work.

if a politician is a pervert,, how does that affect his job ?

I was responding to the "why on earth should they" be fired. The key word being "should." The reasons why they "were" fired are more likely related to the potential loss of money due to public disgust.

I liked the "naive" part, thankyou, it made me feel young again. I'll go run barefoot through some flowery meadows and gaze at the stars now.

As representatives of Leic FC, their behaviour was crass stupidity, and then filming and sending it to mates (probably ex-mates, now) compounded the stupidity. Whether the termination punishment fits the 'crime' is debatable, and I suspect it has more to do with the club's rich Thai connections and media coverage than the lauded racial slurs. Nevertheless, a salutary lesson for the lads involved and a strong message to others.

Indeed. When they sent the video to their friends they had a (perhaps naïve) expectation that it would be kept private, and if it had been kept private they would still have jobs.

The real villains here are the tabloid press, and the British public for demanding such tacky stories for their titillation in the tabloid newspapers. There was absolutely nothing of legitimate public interest in the story, and it should never have been published.

I am not a fan of football but I think these 3 have paid to high a price for a minor transgression against the clubs rules.

I have seen the video and IMO their only offence was to make the video. The term "slit eye" was used in a joking manor not intended to be offensive.

I hope other clubs will take them on (no need to pay transfer fees) and they can continue their career a little bit wiser.

Disgusting. Why on earth should they lose their livelihoods because of something they did in their own time which had nothing to do with their ability to do their job? They can still kick a ball just as well as they did before.

The problem was, IMO, not so much that they were involved in the act itself, but that they were stupid enough to publish the video to the social media. This act alone will be a costly lesson as to what happens in Bkk should stay in Bkk.

For the next point, the alleged racial abuse (calling someone 'slit-eye'). I will probably get slated for this but this is the world gone mad on PC. Degrading certainly, but racist?

The story is a good example of 3 young people's professions destroyed (at least badly damaged) by the need to be self important on social media.

Be careful out there children..................wink.png

Just to clarify, the above comments in no way condone what these three have done, as ambassadors to their sport they should know better.

Yeah, I've always questioned this sort of reaction by sports clubs. It happens to rugby players too. "Brcinging the sport into disrepute" is often what's cited.

I think there may be more in it than just one guy saying "slit eye". One guy said it, so why all 3 sacked?

More than the silly racism, I was disturbed by the chap that said "lick it...I SAID LICK IT!!". He sounded quite....more than just domineering, ...almost on the verge of violence. Threatening. And him repeating the order in such a threatening voice, suggests she didn't want to "lick it"...he was forcing her:

I think there was more than just a dumb word that has led to their sacking.

Why would that disturb you? You have never been dominate in a ex before? Telling a girl to do that is not bad. Being dominate in sex is not my forte but I don't look down on it the way you do.

The question is why they got sacked? Just saying slit eye doesn't during sex doesn't seem like a valid reason. Although I didn't watch the vdo I don't see why all 3 would be sacked as well. Their futures gone for comments made during a sex orgy.

Maybe you have not been to a sex orgy before. But verbal abuse is common for both sexes to do. Passive and dominance is also common! It is not like you are making love to a woman you met and like.

Their comments should have been taken lightly to say the least simply because of he circumstances.

Obviously everybody has different standards and morals, maybe yours are quite low?

Maybe because the club requires people of stronger and better character than the scum that has been sacked. Sporting clubs who have people like this are doomed for failure. Fortunately, this club is making a step forward by getting rid of them

Yeah, I've always questioned this sort of reaction by sports clubs. It happens to rugby players too. "Bringing the sport into disrepute" is often what's cited.

I think there may be more in it than just one guy saying "slit eye". One guy said it, so why all 3 sacked?

More than the silly racism, I was disturbed by the chap that said "lick it...I SAID LICK IT!!". He sounded quite....more than just domineering, ...almost on the verge of violence. Threatening. And him repeating the order in such a threatening voice, suggests she didn't want to "lick it"...he was forcing her:

Why would that disturb you? You have never been dominate in a ex before? Telling a girl to do that is not bad. Being dominate in sex is not my forte but I don't look down on it the way you do.

The question is why they got sacked? Just saying slit eye doesn't during sex doesn't seem like a valid reason. Although I didn't watch the vdo I don't see why all 3 would be sacked as well. Their futures gone for comments made during a sex orgy.

Maybe you have not been to a sex orgy before. But verbal abuse is common for both sexes to do. Passive and dominance is also common! It is not like you are making love to a woman you met and like.

Their comments should have been taken lightly to say the least simply because of he circumstances.

I did not make a judgement on dominance or on verbal abuse...I was disturbed by the threatening tone. Go have a listen...it's obvious he's forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do..."lick it......I SAID LICK IT!". It was not only threatening, it was forceful, and it may have been disgusting.

It's a possible explanation for why all 3 got sacked; Some nasty stuff was going on, not just one guy saying something dumb.

If verbal abuse is common from both sexes in your social circles, then good for you.....your world and mine are quite different.

I don't have to like a woman I'm having sex with to treat her as a human.

If anyone else carried on the same way while away with at their employers expense the same would happen.

You describe their behavior as disgusting but question their sacking?

They were here as ambassadors for the football club.

Doubtless casual racism is a fun pass-time for sports fans around the world, but its still classed as a hate crime. I bet anyone earning the telephone number salaries they did in the UK are expected to sign a morality clause, specifically in regard to bringing the club into disrepute.

However good their ball skills are, they are still retards!!!

Yeah, I've always questioned this sort of reaction by sports clubs. It happens to rugby players too. "Bringing the sport into disrepute" is often what's cited.

I did not make a judgement on dominance or on verbal abuse...I was disturbed by the threatening tone. Go have a listen...it's obvious he's forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do..."lick it......I SAID LICK IT!". It was not only threatening, it was forceful, and it may have been disgusting.

It's a possible explanation for why all 3 got sacked; Some nasty stuff was going on, not just one guy saying something dumb.

If verbal abuse is common from both sexes in your social circles, then good for you.....your world and mine are quite different.

I don't have to like a woman I'm having sex with to treat her as a human.

Just because you don't know about something or have never done it does not make it bad. Your misunderstanding does not make it wrong. Also, learn to understand English please.. I believe I did say that this was not my forte.

I don't agree with racism, but Thailand should be one of the last to complain about this, as they are themselves a very racist population.

How is that relevant?

The club didn't have much choice. Abusive racists do not fit football's image.

I'm pretty sure that abusive racism is what most people imagine when football is on the world stage. Bananas being thrown at black players, and immigrants being used as disposable slaves in Qatar spring to mind.

Exactly why they had to be made an example of.

I am not a fan of football but I think these 3 have paid to high a price for a minor transgression against the clubs rules.

I have seen the video and IMO their only offence was to make the video. The term "slit eye" was used in a joking manor not intended to be offensive.

I hope other clubs will take them on (no need to pay transfer fees) and they can continue their career a little bit wiser.

and so was the Top Gear "slope" remark and people on here and in the UK where calling for Clarkson's execution

Yeah, I've always questioned this sort of reaction by sports clubs. It happens to rugby players too. "Brcinging the sport into disrepute" is often what's cited.

Obviously everybody has different standards and morals, maybe yours are quite low?

What is more obvious is your ignorance in other people's preferences towards sex. Perhaps you are the kind of person who just wants a girl to lay down and spread her legs with you on top? Certainly you can not even understand English as it was clearly stated I am not into that sort of dominance in my initial reply. So I am guessing your lack of understanding these players sexual deviance is even greater. Perhaps you need to get out of your wheelchair and experience a little more in life than what you do now. Or read a book or something about sex.

I think the worst part is your idiotic and completely biased opinion on your own lack of understanding what I wrote was accepted and liked by others who apparently missed my point.

it was never their "own time" as you put it,they were still representing their club, they were here on a good will visit,paid by the club/sponsors not on bloody holiday.their behaviour reflects on the club, who, i am led to believe has thai backing, talk about shooting yourself in the foot, just 3 idiots realy.

Because Leicester City is a football club. The whole point of the club is to play winning football, AND also increase it's fanbase. Yes, the fans/supporters are very important, the club is suppose to sell tickets and merchandise, and to attract sponsorship money.

It might be the case that a load of people on ThaiVisa reckon that what them three did was no big deal, but most people who follow Leicester City certainly feel disgusted or uneasy about this.

If we look at football fans of any club, most of those fans are simply going to be outraged if players in their own club did this. That's why they've been sacked. It's like saying staff at whatever restaurent or bar, they might be quick at pouring beer, but if they cause customers to leave, well, they've got to be sacked.

Disgusting response.

These three super stars would be fully aware that it is zero tolerance in football for racism. Good decision sacking them. They could probably retire anyway with the money they make.It will be hard on the club, hopefully it wont affect them financially too much.

I agree. In every school I've worked, there's been at least one Thai teacher who lectures the students every morning, stating that the farang teachers know nothing, are no good & the students have to misbehave on purpose in their classes.

This would be bad enough in and of itself but the school admin are well aware of it yet take no action & are therefore complicit.

To get back on topic, I agree with the decision although it's obviously politically motivated.

Straying of topic I know, but as your Thai is good enough to know what these people are saying, why don't you challenge them, and the school admin?

Let's get real here. If you supported a football club, would YOU still wear the club shirt in public if one of the players had his bottom-hole licked and he demanded and enjoyed it ? Throw in the racism as well. Off-course you wouldn't. You'd demand the sacking of the three involved, and even then, you would wait a few weeks before you wear the shirt in public.

I don't agree with racism, but Thailand cannot complain about the players actions, when they are one of the most racist countries I've ever been to.

I think some of the clubs board who sacked them was just jealous coz they didn't get in on any of the action..lol

Thais should take note, that when their nationals are beaten,raped, robbed, verbally abused racially , murdered, the relevant people step up and protect them.

The criminals are dealt with quickly, efficiently and severely. The punishment much worse than they would receive when hurting their own nationals. Perhaps if thailand gave foreigners the same curtasy, more people might like to come here.

No matter how old they are they are still paid representatives of this football club and it's associated sponsors, how any one of you can fail to understand the synergy's of a players behavior and the club's image is beyond me.

What you think about sexual orientation, fetish's and orgy's matters not, out there in the real world there are acceptable and not acceptable standards of behavior. This trio did not just cross the line they took a flight over it, as in one previous comment I am surprised it took so long for the club to make this decision as they had no alternative.

If you can stay sober long enough you will realize that society does set general standards that are expected of public figures (and yes these young men are public figures) If they step outside of these standards then the repercussions will (or should) be swift.

It may be OK in your world to make racist comments, employ prostitutes, and share the results with the world via public media, but out there in the world of corporate sponsors with high profile images, family entertainment and young supporters it is most definitely not acceptable, as these young men have found to their cost.

The only thing I can suggest in mitigation is that, knowing where they were taking them, the club should have made no mistakes in both stressing what was required, and also in supervising and monitoring these individuals while in Thailand. Heads should roll at the club from the staff as well as this should have been seen as a possibility. Someone in management must take responsibility for what has happened.

Edited by Bignose

What is more obvious is your ignorance in other people's preferences towards sex. Perhaps you are the kind of person who just wants a girl to lay down and spread her legs with you on top? Certainly you can not even understand English as it was clearly stated I am not into that sort of dominance in my initial reply. So I am guessing your lack of understanding these players sexual deviance is even greater. Perhaps you need to get out of your wheelchair and experience a little more in life than what you do now. Or read a book or something about sex.

I think the worst part is your idiotic and completely biased opinion on your own lack of understanding what I wrote was accepted and liked by others who apparently missed my point.

They weren't fired because of the sex. Footballers have regularly indulged in orgies and used prostitutes (George Best, Wayne Rooney). They were fired for the ugly racist abuse.

I don't agree with racism, but Thailand cannot complain about the players actions, when they are one of the most racist countries I've ever been to.

I think some of the clubs board who sacked them was just jealous coz they didn't get in on any of the action..lol

Has "Thailand" complained?

They weren't fired because of the sex. Footballers have regularly indulged in orgies and used prostitutes (George Best, Wayne Rooney). They were fired for the ugly racist abuse.

No! They were fired because it became public and their team sponsor is a Thai company.