Leicester City orgy trio sacked for verbally abusing Thai women

webfact

Another very important point has been missed by most here. It may not seem so but prostitution is illegal in Thailand so they were all complicit in illegal activity which then was broadcast on social media. It happened in Thailand on an end of season tour by a football team owned and sponsored by Thais. A minor shirt sponsor is the Tourism Authority of Thailand which promotes the wholesome side of tourism here so for the TAT it must have come as a huge blow and a massive loss of face to the owners of the club.

I am sure that the time between the three being sent home and their sacking was not so much spent in investigating the incident as it was finding a way of sacking them with no legal repercussions as I am sure that the owners were deeply embarrassed and could not wait to get rid of them in order to salvage their own reputations here.

Paying for sex in a hotel is not illegal in Thailand, although filming it is!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe thailand should blacklist them for life, that would be nice, for 'the sharing generation' lessons are now learned in a larger public publication forever, or they could change their names, on the status of women, that it's normal in LOS, seems a sad state of affairs........

Another very important point has been missed by most here. It may not seem so but prostitution is illegal in Thailand so they were all complicit in illegal activity which then was broadcast on social media. It happened in Thailand on an end of season tour by a football team owned and sponsored by Thais. A minor shirt sponsor is the Tourism Authority of Thailand which promotes the wholesome side of tourism here so for the TAT it must have come as a huge blow and a massive loss of face to the owners of the club.

I am sure that the time between the three being sent home and their sacking was not so much spent in investigating the incident as it was finding a way of sacking them with no legal repercussions as I am sure that the owners were deeply embarrassed and could not wait to get rid of them in order to salvage their own reputations here.

Well now, that is an interesting comment because it seems that National Police Chief Somyot Pumpanmuang is seeking the identities of the women involved in order to prosecute them for prostitution.

Well now, that is an interesting comment because it seems that National Police Chief Somyot Pumpanmuang is seeking the identities of the women involved in order to prosecute them for prostitution.

Why? Did they pay for sex? Aspects of prostitution are illegal in Thailand, particularly if conducted "promiscuously" as Thais prefer their prostitution behind closed doors, but paying for sex isn't, unless the girl/boy is under 18.

According to the Thai Penal Code, Book IX, Section 286

"Any person, being over sixteen years of age, subsists on the earning of a prostitute, even it is some part of her incomes, shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fined of fourteen thousand to forty thousand Baht, or imprisonment for life."

That would suggest that being a prostitute is illegal in Thailand, except where the prostitute gains no financial advantage personally.

You don't think that the conduct of those involved amounted to promiscuity? Even if it was not filmed the promiscuous nature of what took place makes it, according to you, illegal.

My comment was directed at the poster who suggested the footballers should be prosecuted for paying for sex.

"Any person, being over sixteen years of age, subsists on the earning of a prostitute, even it is some part of her incomes, shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fined of fourteen thousand to forty thousand Baht, or imprisonment for life."

That would suggest that being a prostitute is illegal in Thailand, except where the prostitute gains no financial advantage personally.

Prostitution is regulated under a number of different statutes. But my comment was in answer to the poster who suggested that the Leicester players could be prosecuted for paying for sex. As long as the girls were 18+ they can't be.

The club didn't have much choice. Abusive racists do not fit football's image.

The image of football has already gone downhill anyway, what with the Fifa thing, and diving, and cheating, and hair products adverts (henderson, Ronaldo) what a load of frickin' girls...oops a bit of sexism there...555

I cannot even watch 90 minutes now, and Sterling is worth £40M, god help us....

Isn't that more to do with pimping ie living off the earnings of a prostitute?

Disgusting. Why on earth should they lose their livelihoods because of something they did in their own time which had nothing to do with their ability to do their job? They can still kick a ball just as well as they did before.

(BTW, I'm not condoning their behaviour at all, which was also disgusting.)

Because a lot of football fans are children, who don't see these people as ball-kickers but as actual Role Models. Children are sponge-like and absorb information much more than adults, and they will absorb the behaviour of these footballers and the consequences too. If the footballers were allowed to behave in this manner without repercussion, children will take this as a green light to behave the same way in future.

As if a money profiting business (such as a football team) gives two-hoots about families and children!!!! honestly,, dont be so naive .

this is PURELY because of sponsorship and fear of losing their sponsorship money next season. THATS ALL. NOTHING MORE>

their Sponsorer is KING POWER (Thailand).. so you can imagine the Pressure and Embarrassment.

seriously this is nothing to do with kids and image and families.

its 100% about keeping their King power Sponsorship.

Personally, I always thought it was stupid how MPs and sports people resign coz of activities they do OUTSIDE of their work.

if a politician is a pervert,, how does that affect his job ?

They are also owned by a thai consortium

Why is slit eye a racist slur, I have had a thai call me big eyes, so what is the problem, the eyes were of a slit appearance and the girls did not give a shit, the boys should have been sacked for having no IQ, that's as far as I see it, and all this is blown out of order by a country that is rife with racist people and racism, even King Power did not give a shit, don't see anybody trying to correct their morals

Why is slit eye a racist slur, I have had a thai call me big eyes, so what is the problem, the eyes were of a slit appearance and the girls did not give a shit, the boys should have been sacked for having no IQ, that's as far as I see it, and all this is blown out of order by a country that is rife with racist people and racism, even King Power did not give a shit, don't see anybody trying to correct their morals

So one Thai calls you "big eyes" (are your eyes particularly big?) and you take it as a racial insult? Edited by brewsterbudgen

So one Thai calls you "big eyes" (are your eyes particularly big?) and you take it as a racial insult?

Read my port again, I never took it as a racist remark, and my eyes a big Farang eyes, and my wife's eyes are slit eyes to so what's the problem, the word slit, so read before you post, or are you one of those people who have a problem with a word.

So one Thai calls you "big eyes" (are your eyes particularly big?) and you take it as a racial insult?

Read my port again, I never took it as a racist remark, and my eyes a big Farang eyes, and my wife's eyes are slit eyes to so what's the problem, the word slit, so read before you post, or are you one of those people who have a problem with a word.

I have a problem with racist abuse.

There is a difference between racist abuse, and taking the piss out of someone, and I did not hear anything from any of the girls involved, so if they did not give a shit why do others, oh and by the way, is Farang also not a word that can be considered as a racist remark towards whites, but like I said its how you want to take it, obviously you take it more than most

There is a difference between racist abuse, and taking the piss out of someone, and I did not hear anything from any of the girls involved, so if they did not give a shit why do others, oh and by the way, is Farang also not a word that can be considered as a racist remark towards whites, but like I said its how you want to take it, obviously you take it more than most

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I've seen the video and I think it was disgusting racist abuse. I think many people agree. As with all use of language, you have to take account of the context and, most importantly, the intent.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I've seen the video and I think it was disgusting racist abuse. I think many people agree. As with all use of language, you have to take account of the context and, most importantly, the intent.

I too saw the video, and I think it was more about a few young idiots with a low IQ, taking the piss out of the girls, showing off in front of their friends, and because they paid for sex, which the prostitutes or girls excepted gladly, they tended to use them for there pleasure and to abuse them, that's how I saw it

I too saw the video, and I think it was more about a few young idiots with a low IQ, taking the piss out of the girls, showing off in front of their friends, and because they paid for sex, which the prostitutes or girls excepted gladly, they tended to use them for there pleasure and to abuse them, that's how I saw it

I agree they were just idiots showing off. I just don't think racially abusing anyone is acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel Pearson, father of one of the three dismissed players has now also been sacked.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33338638

Whether the recent events have any sway towards this is not known, apparently.

Quite a surprise really after the way Nigel rallied the team to rise up above relegation with some excellent wins (especially those away from home) towards the end of the season.