Hooters Samui announced

"Hooters Samui will be located at Chaweng Beach and will recruit 25 Hooters Girls to serve up Hooters world-famous wings and deliver the unrivalled hospitality known the world over.

The beachfront location will seat 220 guests and features a 400 square-foot space."

Hooters Bangkok is scheduled to open in early September and Hooters Samui will shortly follow with an October grand opening.

http://www.restaurantnews.com/thailand-leads-hooters-growth-in-southeast-asia-with-bangkok-and-samui-openings-announced/

Along similar lines...

I heard a rumour that someone had bought that plot that is now Sound Hotel on the corner of Soi Sound Club, and that it was going to be a Hard Rock Cafe.

Anyone else heard this?

Also heard this.

The owners of Sound Club (The Poolsawats) are in need of cash, so they are looking to sell the property. Actually it was their plan all along when they started developing that plot of land, so that they can sell everything off.

Good riddance they finally managed to sell it and close down that Sound Hotel. I had a friend staying there for 1 night and he said it was very mismanaged and run down. Things in the room weren't working and not clean.

Makes me wonder if it's like this on all of the Poolsawat's portfolio.

Edited by Mole

Regarding the Hard Rock Cafe thats a confirmed deal to go ahead. As for hooters here is what many of you don't know though

Hooters Girl across Thailand start can expect to make THB 35,000, inclusive of wonderful
individual cash tips by providing superior service to our customers! Extra benefits include service
charge, staff meals and health insurance coverage.
Age ranges from 19 to 29.

• 4 weeks later...

Hooters in opened in Guam a few years ago and somebody spent ALOT of money to renovate a space to their specifications. At first it was packed. They sent their staff from Manila to train including gorgeous Hooter girls. After they left it to the locals it went downhill fast, let's say. Hooters USA has a very small menu, and unless you like greasy hot wings not recommended. Very bright inside , and noisy, with "Chek bins" sliding across the ceiling on a steel cable which is their trademark. Multiple screens showing sport, and seating not comfortable. Novel but gets old fast. Not it is a good place for a "regular" drinking clientele, maybe tourists. Without regulars and their consistent spending I don't see how anyplace can survive in Thailand.

After a fairly short time the place was empty, and out of business. Another guy tried to use the space as a random sport bar, but it just looked like a Hooters with the promo signs down, and no girls. Another failed restaurant.

Hope it works out in Thailand. I had only been a few times in US just on short layovers. The outfits are conservative, like something out of 1970s Roller Girl look, with pantyhose. ( Don't think I have ever seen stockings on a Thai girl, Hmm?)

Actually quite harmless and wholesome. Saw people bringing kids for birthday parties in Mobile AL

Edited by arunsakda