Some 100 Thai tour guides rally in Pattaya

webfact

Some 100 Thai tour guides rally in Pattaya
The Nation

PATTAYA: -- About 100 Thai tour guides rallied in front of the Amari Pattaya Hotel at 9:30 am Thursday and marched to the Pattaya police station to demand the Pattaya police chief to crack down on illegal foreign tour guides.

The Thai guides alleged that many foreigners had been working illegally as tour guides in Pattaya.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Some-100-Thai-tour-guides-rally-in-Pattaya-30262571.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-18

Think we should not take jobs away from Thai people.

But we already have foreign police working here.

So who cares, same same.

Thai tour guides are not that good in pattaya.

Bit of sour grapes i think coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

The illegal Russian tour guides seem to have vanished along with the Russian tourists, so presumably it isn't them that the Thai guides are complaining about.

I suppose it must be illegal Chinese guides as the Chinese seem to make up 90% of all short-stay tourists here these days.

The illegal Russian tour guides seem to have vanished along with the Russian tourists, so presumably it isn't them that the Thai guides are complaining about.

I suppose it must be illegal Chinese guides as the Chinese seem to make up 90% of all short-stay tourists here these days.

Good point on the chinese.

Could just be a case of the locals getting jealous and wanting a bigger slice of the pie

But still should not take jobs away from the Thai people. ( if they can do the job ) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by onemorechang

In this case foreigners also includes Thais that are licensed to work in other parts of

Thailand, cutting into there kickbacks from shops and tourist venues. coffee1.gif

Could just be a case of the locals getting jealous and wanting a bigger slice of the pie

But still should not take jobs away from the Thai people. ( if they can do the job ) !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is more likely it is because the government have come out and said that foreign persons cannot be illegal tour guides but they can be tour coordinators, fancy name for same thing i guess. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/833100-illegal-foreign-tour-guides-to-be-allowed-to-work-as-tour-coordinators/

It is working illegally in Thailand and maybe those who bother to be legally working in their field might suffer ii other illegals cause a knee jerk political actions so rather than justify the possible reason is OK to work illegally maybe you can complain to the TAT about their training and licensing program directly and encourage other tourists and expats to do so and demand a raise in the level of tour guide language skills and requirements in Thailand.

I think it is more likely it is because the government have come out and said that foreign persons cannot be illegal tour guides but they can be tour coordinators, fancy name for same thing i guess. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/833100-illegal-foreign-tour-guides-to-be-allowed-to-work-as-tour-coordinators/

Correct.

Two sides arguing about Thailand visitors sire when there are none ? Come to see out Niagara falls, ( 15 foot drop), and then, after a 7 hour, "thrill " ride, visit some 700 hundred old stones, come to my cousin's gem shop. Keep your lifebelt and life jacket handy on the 230 year old " tour boat ", ( the operator is actually older then the 14 he appears to be ) and then relax at the beach, ( bring your own food/bev, and chair ). After that exhausting touring you can rest up, (If the water has gone down and the electricity has returned ), in your 7 star hotel among the other 4,657 2 star hovels !

The women can gaze, with admiration and hatred at the huge selection of women 1/3rd. their age, in Thailand available for less then the overpriced, often fake, lipstick you just bought ! Thailand is for archeologists and males who forbid even looking at

women Could any sane male actually lust after/them and , yes, even marry a person without seeing them ? Maybe , without their beards, ( females), they look appealing !

Please continue here:

Thai Tour Guides Protest against unlicensed foreign guides at Pattaya Police Station

guide-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Over 100 Thai Tour Guides who work in Pattaya took part in an angry protest on Pattaya Beach Road on Thursday Morning to demonstrate their anger towards the Police who are claimed not to be taking any action against illegal foreign tour guides who are working in the City.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/833876-thai-tour-guides-protest-against-unlicensed-foreign-guides-at-pattaya-police-station/

//CLOSED//

/Admin