Software to remove Spyware

Chao Lao Beach

Software to remove Spyware

I am running Avast and Malwarebytes, I need somthing else, Avast is also picking up stuf but can't remove it.

I have no idea of the lastest ones out there these days that don't denmand an upsell and put crap on the PC.

OS = Win8

Don't keep installing more programs. It's just ridiculous. What exactly is the issue?

Junkware Removal Tool

AdwCleaner

You can run Spybot to remove junk, use the immunizer, then uninstall it.

What's the big deal?

So you think that SpyBot will be more effective in removing 'Junk' than Avast and Malwarebyte's AntiMalware?

People here just churn out the same advice they were giving out ten years ago.

Don't keep installing more programs. It's just ridiculous. What exactly is the issue?

Junkware Removal Tool

AdwCleaner

What's the big deal?

So you think that SpyBot will be more effective in removing 'Junk' than Avast and Malwarebyte's AntiMalware?

SpyBot tend to focus on adware and spyware, and they have the immunisation feature which the others don't have.

So it can't do any harm and it will certainly improve things.

Junkware Removal Tool

AdwCleaner

What's the big deal?

SpyBot tend to focus on adware and spyware, and they have the immunisation feature which the others don't have.

So it can't do any harm and it will certainly improve things.

Immunisation is not going to work if you uninstall it as you suggest. Installing SpyBot is not guaranteed to improve anything

The OP can simply use a HOSTS file for prevention.

It's the same advice that is given for every problem here. Install this or install that...without any kind of analysis at all.

Immunisation is not going to work if you uninstall it as you suggest. Installing SpyBot is not guaranteed to improve anything

It's the same advice that is given for every problem here. Install this or install that...without any kind of analysis at all.

Spybot writes the HOSTS file. So it's easy to use for people who aren't that skilled.

As for analysis, I've used it for years and it still finds junk that other packages don't.

Good enough for me to recommend it.

Of course if you want to get into the routine of doing analysis for other people, you carry on.

biggrin.png

Spybot writes the HOSTS file. So it's easy to use for people who aren't that skilled.

As for analysis, I've used it for years and it still finds junk that other packages don't.

Good enough for me to recommend it.

Of course if you want to get into the routine of doing analysis for other people, you carry on.

biggrin.png

As I wrote...the sum of the advice on here....install another program.

MVPS HOSTS file

Superantispyware for me. They all work to some degree. Some miss what others pick up. If you want to do it right have 3-4 of them installed.

I've been at computation for 15 years. I've tried all the adware/virus programs both free and torrented cracks. There is only one I'd ever actually pay for it paying was the only way of keeping it, that's Malewarebytes. It isn't designed for adware cookies so much as virus' and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). It kicks butt!

There's a software called something like, keylogger. With this you leave little or no trace of what you search for, it scrambles what comes off your keyboard. It's a good defence measure.

If you like to down load stuff a lot take care when you see the words: This is a binary file. Windows updates sends these as wel but they can be trusted if they're from the oficial MS update site. Some of these binary files are hives of virus programs, especially if you see anything written in Russian. Once one of these virus' gets into your registry consider your operating system toast. Sure, you can renove the infection but the once-innosent registry key goes with it.

If you provide information as to what it is you are seeing (error messages, browser redirection, pop-up messages etc) we can be of more help.

Having said that, ComboFix has a lot more power than most malware repairers....

http://www.combofix.org/

Oops

"Fake site. Malware present on 87% of all visited pages and subdomain. DNS controllers register 25-50 UDP-based DNS attacks on port 53 after visiting most pages. There is also a javascript-based self injecting trojan that will vocalize it's installation to some remote server. Attacks are fake DNS responses and should be blocked at all costs. "

"This isn't the ComboFix official site! The real ComboFix is on bleepingcomputer.com. Downloads on this site may contain malware! "

Plus ComboFix doesn't work on Windows 8.1

Edited by Chicog

Have just fixed a couple of persistent malware/spyware problems after Spybot, Avast and Sophos all found nothing. I ended up exploring some new options.

The ones that helped, were Malwarebytes, Free Fixer, JRT and ADW Cleaner. I had a persistent re-direction problem with stamplive.com. No idea how I got it. I don't open unknown attachments, am careful what I agree to when installing new programs etc. etc. The solution using the various tools involved deleting a registry setting, nuking some extensions in Chrome and resetting my browser to default. I haven't had even a hint of a virus or serious malware in years but this stamplive.com re-direct while manageable was very annoying but I did get to check out some new software.