Kasikorn Bank money truck robbed of Bt8 million

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Two robbers on a motorcycle robbed a money truck of the Kasikorn Bank at the Tesco Lotus Rama I branch Friday evening and made off with Bt8.45 million in cash, police said.

Pol Lt Pichai Khamput, an interrogator of the Pathumwat police station, was alerted at 6 pm shortly after the robbery took place.

He and other police officers of his station as well senior officers from the Metropolitan Police Division 6 rushed to the scene.

Pichai said the robbery took place on the second floor of the car park near the gate of the Lotus store.

Police found Ekkaphan Jaengsitthawet, 26, a security officer for the truck, lying face-down with his hands handcuffed from behind.

Standing beside him was another terrified security officer, Yutthapichai Klunprasom, 36.

The two told police that the truck driver had already drove off the truck to the Pathumwan Intersection to seek help from police. The driver followed the security protocol to drive away when a robbery took place.

The two told police that while they were carrying money bags from the truck into the bank inside the store, two men arrived on a motorcycle and robbed them. They were concealing their face with crash helmets.

They handcuffed Ekkaphan and took a money bag and they fired two shots to intimidate the security officers and fled on their motorcycle.

Police checked the scene and found a bullet without finding any spent shell. Police believe the robbers use revolvers.

Police checked security cameras and saw the two robbers arriving on a motorcycle. One of them appeared about 170 centimeter tall and the other 165 cm tall.

How was it carried out ... inside or outside the bank, in order to steal this money from the bank they must have used weapons in order to freeze the bank team, and then speed away with a motorcycle.

A choking activity, it could have been done by past bank employers who had been dismissed by the bank.

Perhaps the police will be able to sort them out.

I never have understood why there are not more bank robberies here in LOS. Seems dead easy to me to walk on in, cower the sleepy guard, have the tellers hand over whatever is on the teller line, and Bob's your uncle. Jump on the motorcycle and the police have NO chance to catch you. If they even try and good chance they won't.

I understand that this event happened in the car park and that you won't get 8 million off the line but it sure seems like easy pickings. The problem will be that the perp is going to want to talk and that will do them in.

If they keep their mouth shut (impossible!) then it's doable over and over IMO.

How was it carried out ... inside or outside the bank, in order to steal this money from the bank they must have used weapons in order to freeze the bank team, and then speed away with a motorcycle.

A choking activity, it could have been done by past bank employers who had been dismissed by the bank.

Perhaps the police will be able to sort them out.

Try reading the OP then post again it tells reasonably concisely how and where it happened with small details like " they fired two shots to intimidate the security officers"

That suggests to me that they were armed.