$100m banknotes found in Supachai's safes are fake

Lite Beer

CRIMES
$100m banknotes found in Supachai's safes are fake
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The stacks of US$100-million banknotes found in the safe-deposit boxes of former Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative chairman Supachai Srisupa-aksorn are fake, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) director general Suwanna Sarajutha confirmed yesterday.

She said US Embassy staff had verified that the notes were not a currency unit. The fake notes are believed to have been created with the intention of building up the credibility of Supachai, who is now a fraud suspect after his alleged embezzlement of a funds from the cooperative.

DSI officials also found a large number of documents, including land title deeds, when searching Supachai's two offices at the U-Tower building in Bangkok, but they have not issued a statement on them yet.

Senior DSI agent Somboon Sarasit said the agency would not revoke its order to freeze 44 rai of land as requested by Supachai as the documents found could potentially implicate him of money-laundering.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/$100m-banknotes-found-in-Supachais-safes-are-fake-30262699.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-20

This gets murkier by the day.

People who have lost money have long been split into 2 broad groups, each with a leader representing them and each claiming they have the most accurate knowledge of this corrupt affair and the best way to go about getting their money back.

Claims of spies in both camps, with the aim of discrediting the other, abound, as does the continuing investigative confusion and bureaucratic delay.

Recently, a number of fake nominee accounts came to light.

Bottom line? Who knows where this is going? But one thing is very clear - at least to me - this massively corrupt business goes far beyond only Supachai and his CU cronies.

And this - unlike the recent KMIT I.6 billion USD fraud case - won't be resolved any time soon.

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely. But you never know, TIT right?

Anyhow, no mention of a counterfeiting charge. The Nations finest journalists are never tripped up by that kind of detail. The real story for them is how he was falsely building credibility, a face issue.

That safe must have been the mother of all safes, bigger than any bank in the country to

be able to contain $100 million as well as other stuff .... and where pray tell, one gets

$100 million of fake notes and no one is the wiser? something in this story stinks to high

havens....

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely. But you never know, TIT right?

Anyhow, no mention of a counterfeiting charge. The Nations finest journalists are never tripped up by that kind of detail. The real story for them is how he was falsely building credibility, a face issue.

You'd think so...so would I...but they said, " US Embassy staff had verified that the notes were not a currency unit. "

It's so bizarre...who, in social/financial circles that would deal in tens of millions of baht believe in a 100M dollar note?

That safe must have been the mother of all safes, bigger than any bank in the country to

be able to contain $100 million as well as other stuff .... and where pray tell, one gets

$100 million of fake notes and no one is the wiser? something in this story stinks to high

havens....

$100 million dollars.

post-162723-0-17701200-1434762437_thumb.

"with the intention of building up the credibility of Supachai," not a snowballs' chance in hell

"who is now a fraud suspect after his alleged embezzlement of a funds from the cooperative." see what I mean ?

This is so bizzare. If the Matichon pix is correct, then I wonder at the mentality of the investigators. It's Monopoly money - nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it to the US Embassy (OK, sure, legal technicalities need to be observed).

Building S's credibility? For what purpose could he achieve credibility with clearly fake kiddie's play money? When it's so clearly fake, why did he put it in a safe? And why did the DSI regard this issue as a serious one - while the rest of us are laughing - and have to take the approach they did, including getting the US Embassy to check the notes and calling a press conference to announce the findings?

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely.

Nope, not bad writing.

The clown actually thought this would work.

14347038591434704047l.jpg

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1434703859

But they look so real !

laugh.png

The Numbnuts was to stupid to understand that ALL US paper currency has pictures of DEAD PRESIDENTS printed on one side, and NOT some Chinese looking Tiger.

I hear 7-11 is supposed to give change for any large bills a customer brings in. the guy could buy a fifty cent bic lighter, and walk out with $99,999,999.50 in change. Are wheelbarrows allowed in 7-11?

This is so bizzare. If the Matichon pix is correct, then I wonder at the mentality of the investigators. It's Monopoly money - nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it to the US Embassy (OK, sure, legal technicalities need to be observed).

Building S's credibility? For what purpose could he achieve credibility with clearly fake kiddie's play money? When it's so clearly fake, why did he put it in a safe? And why did the DSI regard this issue as a serious one - while the rest of us are laughing - and have to take the approach they did, including getting the US Embassy to check the notes and calling a press conference to announce the findings?

The US Treasury Dept. will probably take this seriously, as they should, even tho the idiot who printed the money is, well, .....an idiot.

They must have been printed for handing out as a joke. They don't even look close to a real US note. A Tiger on the face of the note? Really?

How do you know that the 100 Million USD note does not have a Tiger laugh.png ? Ever had one in your hand?laugh.png

That's what I thought too... The supposedly intelligent DSI had to get the U.S. Embassy to confirm for them that the U.S.A. doesn't have 100 million dollar denomination bills???

Well, since the USA doesn't have 10 million, or 1 million, or even 100,000 dollar denomination bills, I think it's pretty safe to assume we don't have 100 million dollar bills.

I didn't even know this as an American, but according to Wiki, the largest current denomination of U.S. currency is only $100, though there were larger denominations in the past, since discontinued.

Series 1934 Gold certificates ($100, $1,000, $10,000, and $100,000) were issued after the gold standard was repealed and gold was compulsorily confiscated by order of President Franklin Roosevelt on March 9, 1933 (see United States Executive Order 6102). Thus the Series 1934 notes were used only for intra-government (i.e., Federal Reserve Bank) transactions and not issued to the public. This series was discontinued in 1940. The Series 1928 Gold certificate reverse was printed in black and green. See History of the United States dollar.

Although they are still technically legal tender in the United States, high-denomination bills were last printed on December 27, 1945, and officially discontinued on July 14, 1969, by the Federal Reserve System.[9] The $5,000 and $10,000 effectively disappeared well before then.[nb 1]

The Federal Reserve began taking high-denomination bills out of circulation in 1969, after an executive order by President Nixon (rather than actual legislation passed by Congress).

As of May 30, 2009, only 336 $10,000 bills were known to exist; 342 remaining $5,000 bills; and 165,372 remaining $1,000 bills.[10] Due to their rarity, collectors will pay considerably more than the face value of the bills to acquire them. Some are even in other parts of the world in museums.

havens....

Yes ezzra, your breath probably from all that Thai whiskey you are drinking.... the notes were $100 million face value for each note... and have never existed in the real world... Photoshop moneys....giggle.gif

This doesn't make any sense. There was an episode of border control Canada recently where Chinese woman was carrying 100,000 in fake US currency. She was allowed to pass without any problems because it was meant as good luck gift for Chinese New Year or something like that. The notes are obviously fake.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

If they did find stacks of funny money that are obviously crazy .. there is one plausible explanation.

They arranged them in a briefcase, put a real USD $100 on the top of each, and flashed it around.

Yes, that would generate credibility, as long as no one thumbed through them and took a good look.

Ponsi Scheme Hustling 101 ... "My dear freind, this is you chance to make more money than you can imagine ... after our meeting, I am dropping this off (opens briefcase) at Mr Big's condo. I would not wait too long, Mr Big may just go ahead and invest enough to own the whole deal. This million dollars came from a $250,000 investment! It really is "now or never"

Put you down for $250,000? Yes sir!

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely.

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

The Numbnuts was to stupid to understand that ALL US paper currency has pictures of DEAD PRESIDENTS printed on one side, and NOT some Chinese looking Tiger.

You're half right. Ben Franklin is dead, but he was not a president.

This reminds me of a joke in the genre of "Maine Humor" (a region in the US known for sarcasm and dry wit).

Dicky Baker said he was at his store on Tuesday,

and a fella came in and asked him for change

for an 18 dollar bill.

DIcky said,

"I give him three 6's"

"Could'a give him two 9's".

Most people know and can easily determine that the largest USD note is $100. Do they not have Google? Or was it outlawed in Thailand because it would return search results of banned books?

The were 500, 1000, 10,000, and even 100,000 dollar notes issued, but all have been redeemed.

Personally, I can't believe anyone could be this stupid, unless he has hidden the real money elsewhere.

Edited by HooHaa

Did anybody choke to death from laughing at the U.S. Embassy when these clowns showed up and asked them to check the Monopoly Money?

For not losing face, they should have consulted the apprentice at the next Chinese gold shop, or an Indian money changer.

Do Something Idiotic?

Monopoly-Money.jpg

Try to pay a taxi driver from Swampy to town with these. We will look out for your corpse along the road side...

Edited by Lupatria

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

Come off it - that's "money" that they burn (for good luck) at Chinese New Year...