Authorities step up forest reclamation in South & East

Lite Beer

Authorities step up forest reclamation in South & East

KRABI, 20 June 2015 (NNT) – The Natural Resources and Environment Minister has instructed authorities to step up the forest reclamation missions in the South and the East to stem the rampant encroachment.

Natural Resource and Environment Minister General Dapong Rattanasuwan has told authorities to focus their efforts on southern provinces of Krabi, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Surat Thani where forest encroachment is particularly heavy due to the growing oil palm and rubber industries.

In Krabi alone, a survey found investors turned over 3,000 rai of forest into rubber plantations. Gen Dapong expects that the land reclamation could be completed in three months, after which period the forestation and aid projects for affected people can begin.

While the reclamation operations in the South are likely intense, the eastern region also reported of a vigorous campaign. In Chonburi province, over 50 authorities have taken back 73 rai of mangrove forests which were converted into shrimp farms. Workers have fled the scene while all equipment was removed before the authorities’ arrival. The area has been off limits to the general public.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-20 footer_n.gif

Well...I hope they are in my area on Tuesday, as the Mrs is trying to get her land back from the Village Bully.

Government Officals will be here, but to me it looks like an open and shut case....the paperwork i have seen from the Gov Office, does not match the original document. It's Plain to see the New Gov Map has been changed to suit the other party,very unprofessionally changed...

Wonder how much he had to pay the surveyor?

This morning there was an article about this in the BKK Post. Of the 1000 people thats been kicked off 100% was poor people and most of them have been farming this land for generations. All the rich guys will tie up the governments in courts for years and in the end will retain the land.