TOT's terrible customer service

CARBO

It's been 2 weeks now since I subcribe to their so-called "fiber2U" internet service. It took them 12 days just to bring the cables from the supply point to my home. Since then I was told another team will come to do the router connection and setup. I was given the technician's contact whom I have been calling but he never answers. I have called their head office umpteen times and I'm only told they will talk to the local office and get back and finally nothing happens. Unfortunately, I can't get 3BB nor True Internet on my side since they are on the other side of the road. Has anyone had such an experience with these guys?

It took rather longer for our fibre connection to get sorted, but we already had WiNet so it wasn't an issue.

Once you get connected do get your tech's number, a small tip (for "lunch") for him and his mate will ensure good service (forget the call centre).

I was rather lucky, the conversion from my TOT DSL to Fiber2u took less than a week.

Stick with it, the Fiber2u product is awesome when compared to TOT DSL, In point of fact I've been amazed how well it does work. I also have 3BB DSL, which I had as a backup to my TOT DSL and the Fiber2U certainly kicks that into the long grass.

As per Crossy, give the install Tech a little tip to get his/her mobile phone number, always helps to have your own 'pet' tech, it's surprising how many issues they can solve in the blink of an eye!

In all, it took TOT about three weeks total to install Fiber for us.

We transitioned from TOT adsl service to Fiber about the same time as Crossy got his Fiber.

In our case, I noticed they were installing fiber along the main road. They still needed a few weeks to install optical splice boxes and terminate the main line run before they could begin running a drop line from the closest splice box up to and into our house. About 10 days later they installed and configured the Fiber to Ethernet equipment.

While, like Crossy, I still had the previous Internet connection still running. I really lacked the patience and was frustrated the connection wasn't happening quicker. As this was a new roll-out, there was probably a lot of back-end work that needed to happen concurrently for it all to work.

Since our original installation, 3BB, AIS, and CAT have all run Fiber along the main road. They must think there's money in it.

< snip >

Unfortunately, I can't get 3BB nor True Internet on my side since they are on the other side of the road.

Why won't they cross the road?

In all, it took TOT about three weeks total to install Fiber for us.

We transitioned from TOT adsl service to Fiber about the same time as Crossy got his Fiber.

In our case, I noticed they were installing fiber along the main road. They still needed a few weeks to install optical splice boxes and terminate the main line run before they could begin running a drop line from the closest splice box up to and into our house. About 10 days later they installed and configured the Fiber to Ethernet equipment.

While, like Crossy, I still had the previous Internet connection still running. I really lacked the patience and was frustrated the connection wasn't happening quicker. As this was a new roll-out, there was probably a lot of back-end work that needed to happen concurrently for it all to work.

Since our original installation, 3BB, AIS, and CAT have all run Fiber along the main road. They must think there's money in it.

< snip >

Unfortunately, I can't get 3BB nor True Internet on my side since they are on the other side of the road.

Why won't they cross the road?

I don't understand why too.

I was rather lucky, the conversion from my TOT DSL to Fiber2u took less than a week.

Stick with it, the Fiber2u product is awesome when compared to TOT DSL, In point of fact I've been amazed how well it does work. I also have 3BB DSL, which I had as a backup to my TOT DSL and the Fiber2U certainly kicks that into the long grass.

As per Crossy, give the install Tech a little tip to get his/her mobile phone number, always helps to have your own 'pet' tech, it's surprising how many issues they can solve in the blink of an eye!

Thanks for the tip

Just checked back. Here in the stucks (western part of Khon Kaen province) it took 16 days from ordering to final installation.

Some 600 m of fibre cable had to be mounted.

Service is good, got the phone numbers of the two technicians that did the setup.

Once was called and they excused for a longer iterruption due to a power outage at their "switching centre".

Its always worth to state which region/location one lives.

Service and speed vary greatly.

From what I read Pattaya is a problem region (no surprise to me).

Edited by KhunBENQ

In my experience with TOT to get a sensible & speedy service you need to bribe the technician, & don't forget to get his phone number for future problems. This goes for just about any call out service here & a lot of the time government departments too... I know the principle of this is wrong, but TIT

Took quite a while after ordering my Fiber2U until having it installed but since then it has worked fine. A couple times I contacted them via email with some questions and they sent technicians around the next day. Another time the connection stopped working but it was back up and running 15 minutes after we called support on the telephone. Overall I've been very happy with the service.

The experiences differ so much.

If you go through the forum you will find about every rating for each of the providers.

As said: it is useful to state WHERE one lives.

I am a happy Fiber2U customer.

Took 16 days in total. Very few problems in 14 months.

(most downtime caused by power outages at our house wink.png If I had a UPS the internet would likely continue to work).