Gov plans app for receiving complaints from foreign tourists

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- The government plans to release PSC1111 app for smart phones to allow foreign tourists to file complaints to the government directly in one or two months, Deputy Government Spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Sunday.

He said the app will add another channel for foreign tourists and Thai people to file complaints to the people service call center opened by the National Council for Peace and Order on top of the 1111 hotline, PO Box 1111, the www.1111.go.th website and 1111 public complaint receiving booths at the four gates of the Government House.

The spokesman explained that the 1111 channels of complaint receiving were aimed at receiving non-emergency complaints although the people and foreign tourists can call 1111 and press 2 on the 24-hour basis.

In case of emergency, foreign tourists are urged to call the 1155 hotline of the Tourist Police Division.

Sansern said since the government has opened the 1111 hotline and other channels, 1,793 foreigners have filed complaints to the government through both the 1111 hotline channels and 1155 hotline of tourist police.

Of the 1,793 complaints, 1,734 were emergency cases. Most or 1,633 complaints came form British tourist and 59 cases from Chinese tourists.

Sansern said the call centers for tourists have been running with cooperation form the PM’s Office, the Tourist Police Division and the TOT Plc to receive complaints from foreign tourist on around the clock basis to ensure them of safety in the kingdom.

The 1111 call center is always manned by 150 officials and it uses new IT technologies for alerting government agencies concerned to provide help to the tourists as soon as possible.

No surprise that the overwhelming bulk of complaints come from the whinging Brits.

We are many, and get around outside of our country bit, so probably true.

And we make the best SciFi comedy. Takes a different nation to make a hash of that.

No surprise that the overwhelming bulk of complaints come from the whinging Brits.

And we make the best SciFi comedy. Takes a different nation to make a hash of that.

And most of them couldnt find Thailand if they had a map ,mind you most couldnt find antwhere outside their state,biggrin.png

Normally I don't really pay attention to these type of topics. Still I somehow seem to remember that we had such new apps one or two or three or four years ago as well, and maybe a new one in all of those years.

Don't remember having seen data on usage or conclusions on effectiveness though.

I filed a complaint and it was very difficult to communicate the details in English. Actually, a Thai had to speak to the officers. Several times they hung up the phone and/or made me start over bc no one could understand.

Finally got together, but now the complaint is "in process". I can't see any results after about 2 months. However, the complaint is slightly complicated and I think it is in a grey area of Thai law which makes it difficult for everyone.

I appreciate that I could call someone and at least there is an effort if not a result. Fingers crossed.

Of the 1,793 complaints, 1,734 were emergency cases. Most or 1,633 complaints came form British tourist and 59 cases from Chinese tourists.

While I don't doubt many come from Brits as we've got the balls to speak up on shoddy service, the above is clearly a typo. Them only quoting Brits and Chinese is more than likely is: most complaints were lodged in English, then Chinese. Duh!

While I don't doubt many come from Brits as we've got the balls to speak up on shoddy service, the above is clearly a typo. Them only quoting Brits and Chinese is more than likely is: most complaints were lodged in English, then Chinese. Duh!

Its not balls, its genetic

You are not by any chance a relative of Sarah Palin??

But the fact remains "Brits" do whinge a lot.....even Aussies who in a lot of cases are genetically linked to "Brits" have the term "Whining poms"

Well, www.1111.go.th is completely f'n useless. It is ALL in Thai. Plus it takes forever to load a flash screen to start. NO option to switch languages. So, in reality, the government does NOT want our complaints.

Why am I NOT surprised?

I doubt they act much on individual complaints, but if enough of us complain they may just listen.

As for Brits, more probably English speaking...

Unless they have A foreigner helping to translate these complaints,I'm sure many not all will go over Thai officials heads.

And I'm sure the majority of the complaints will be ignored.I'm hoping not all.At least it's A start,maybe.

You are not by any chance a relative of Sarah Palin??

But the fact remains "Brits" do whinge a lot.....even Aussies who in a lot of cases are genetically linked to "Brits" have the term "Whining poms"

Yes, but we do get to solve a few problems that others are too gutless to take on.

I "whinged" once when some joker tried to charge Bt300,000 "customs duty" for a donation of toys to Tsunami kids in Phuket.

And I ended up paying a few hundred baht for paperwork because I wasn't prepared to let the crook get away with it.

Call me a whinger all you want.

w00t.gif

Well, www.1111.go.th is completely f'n useless. It is ALL in Thai. Plus it takes forever to load a flash screen to start. NO option to switch languages. So, in reality, the government does NOT want our complaints.

Why am I NOT surprised?

Sign this guy up for useability testing on Version 2. To be released real soon. ;)

TOURISM
Complaint app gets wider reach

THE NATION

30262810-01_big.jpg?1434927444758

BANGKOK: -- FOR THE FURTHER convenience of foreign tourists wishing to make complaints to the authorities, app PSC1111 will be soon be active on iPhone and Android phones, said deputy government spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd.

The app, now available for download in iStore and Playstore, supplements two existing |services - the 1155 hotline for Tourist Police emergency response, and the 1111 hotline |for non-emergency response by the PM's Office Ministry, said Sansern.

Since March, 1,793 complaints had been filed by foreigners, 1,734 of which were for emergencies through the 1155 and the 1111 services, with Britons and Chinese the two largest groups at 1,633 and 59 respectively, he said.

There are three other ways for Thais and foreigners to submit complaints - www.1111.go.th; postage-free PO Box 1111, and Service Box 1111 at Gate 4 of Government House. All the 1111 |services are run by 150 staff comprising both contractors and civil servants.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Complaint-app-gets-wider-reach-30262810.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-22

I have to wonder who the other plaintiffs were.

True, on all points, in regards to Brit creativity and we can never forget Monty Python, The Royl Family, Benny Hill, Rowan Atkinson as Black Adder and Mr. Bean...and of course, Dr. Who. thumbsup.gif

My only complaint about Brits in Thailand is they blame everything on Americans, even though we have no more control over our stupid leaders than you have of your own, and no, most Americans do not think themselves as being superior to other cultures. Sometimes I think Brits are unaware that the sun has set on the British Empire, since Singapore went their own way.

TOURISM

Complaint app gets wider reach

THE NATION

30262810-01_big.jpg?1434927444758

BANGKOK: -- FOR THE FURTHER convenience of foreign tourists wishing to make complaints to the authorities, app PSC1111 will be soon be active on iPhone and Android phones, said deputy government spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd.

The app, now available for download in iStore and Playstore, supplements two existing |services - the 1155 hotline for Tourist Police emergency response, and the 1111 hotline |for non-emergency response by the PM's Office Ministry, said Sansern.

Since March, 1,793 complaints had been filed by foreigners, 1,734 of which were for emergencies through the 1155 and the 1111 services, with Britons and Chinese the two largest groups at 1,633 and 59 respectively, he said.

There are three other ways for Thais and foreigners to submit complaints - www.1111.go.th; postage-free PO Box 1111, and Service Box 1111 at Gate 4 of Government House. All the 1111 |services are run by 150 staff comprising both contractors and civil servants.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Complaint-app-gets-wider-reach-30262810.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-06-22

It's in Thai, how does that help tourists?

What percentage of expats does it help, very few is the answer.

Looks good in print, does sod all.

Thainess.

What's the use of another way of lodging a complaint - app.

I am still waiting to hear back from a complaint I made to "1111" last 26 June 2014 [4 days short of a year].

I have followed up this matter many times but get the a_se around from them as the matter concerns a hiso who threatened a farang that she would have some army personal pay him a visit (which never eventuated possibly due to my call the same day as the threat) as she is in an influential position.

Amazing Thailand!