1 dead, 2 injured in East Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

1 dead, 2 injured in East Pattaya Road Crash

crash-62.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 19 year old driver of a luxury car, who is suspected of being intoxicated, is at the center of a Police investigation into a fatal road crash which occurred along the railroad, running along the East side of Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday.

The crash occurred just after 2am on Sunday at the Northern end of the road and involved a Toyota Camry, driven by Khun Lit aged 19, a student from a Private School in Sriracha District, and two motorbikes.

The driver of one of the bikes, Khun Rungrort aged 22 was killed, his passenger and Brother-in-Law, Khun Nutajack aged 31 was seriously injured, as was the driver of the second bike, Khun Gamonwan aged 34, the sister of the deceased man and Husband of the injured passenger.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/200915/1-dead-2-injured-in-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-22

RIP to those deceased....More waste of life....

I remember many years ago in Pattaya after a night in soi 8 and 7 and got a motor cycle taxi to go home and nearly got wiped out on 3rd road, I don't use motor bike taxis any more, I either get a taxi/car or my own Baht bus and pay what they want, far safer....No protection what so ever on a bike....

Near where I live, and close to the also dangerous Hwy 36.

At night not well lit, and often we have motorcycles (sometimes cars) heading the wrong way on the dual carriageway (carriages separated by the railway line).

Many vehicles whizz through the junctions without care, Bangkok plated cars and large vehicles seem to do this.

Sad for lives to be wasted like this due to selfishness and lack of consideration.

I hope the car driver is strongly punished but I am not expecting it.

At the junctions on this by-pass 1. No priority to either direction 2. No "give-way" signage 3. Dim street lighting 4. Traffic traveling against the flow 5. Motor-Bikes no tail-lights 6. Excessive speed 7. Intoxicated drivers.

What can really be expected ? Carnage !!!

i stupidly bought a house a few years ago on the east side , i then sold it 1 year later when i realised just how dangerous it was to cross from sukumvit road with wife and my baby daughter in a car everyday even worse on a motorbike. i was not prepared to take that risk. within 1 year on 3 trips up to isaan to see wifes family we seen 2 fatal crashes where people had been killed so that made my mind up.