hello chiangmai....

doppa

from doppa here in the uk,

can you believe it, it's been 3 years since we left CM, you'd think by now i might have settled, to be honest some aspects are pleasing, but that could be due to our 'wonderful' summer days and long light nights, well the long nights are true, however yesterday was the longest day, and being a man who's glass is always half empty.....the nights are drawing in!

we did attempt earlier in the year to make a comeback, sadly both attempts failed, due to one schools utter incompetence, the other one, full !!!!!

will we make another attempt next year, ask me again when we're in the depth of winter.

opinion, feel free to give me your opinions on this question, we've got a real talented 10yr old golfer, he's adapted to uk weather, schools, culture etc really well, however during the winter months being able to play and practice is limited, but, the contacts we're making here in golf will become very useful for the future, for example,he's already been recognized by england golf's under 14's futures squad,

obviously returning to thailand he will be able to play golf throughout the year, but will the same opportunities arise there, i don't know, i guess one answer would be, if he gets to' x' standard, it really doesn't matter where he is in the world, he will get recognition and his talent will get him through. [plus we could afford an international schooling]

so the decision really revolves around him, i'm torn!

doppa...boy do i miss my motorbike.

3 years,time flies when you are enjoying yourself,its a pity

your lad is not a promising footballer,as the Toon really

needs some desperately,staying up by the skin of their

teeth,not sure about Mclaren,and while other clubs are

buying new good players,Newcastle is just clearing house.

Yes we need more Geordies here ,so look sharp and come

back.

regards worgeordie

Doppa, Chiang Mai has changed a lot in the 3 yrs you've been gone. Far too many cars now. Uncontrolled development concreting over the countryside. too many westerners, & now the Chinese invasion. Some call it progress. Infrastructure can't keep up. Schools are expanding, but are they getting the right teachers?

I think you got out at the right time.