French, Indian tourists injured in attacks in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A Frenchman and three Indian tourists were injured in two separate attacks in Pattaya early Monday, police said.

In the first case, Jorge Vieira, 37, a French tourist, was punched and injured by an unidentified Thai man, Pol Lt Kittipong Srichamnarn, an interrogator on duty of the Pattaya police station, said.

Kittipong said he received a phone call that Vieira was attack and injured on Pattaya beach in front of the Bay Walk Residence in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district.

He rushed to the scene with officials from Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya and found the French man drunk. He suffered a cut over his left eyebrow. The officials performed a first aid for him and he refused to go to a hospital.

He was taken to the Pattaya police station to register a complaint. He said he drank at a bar with a Thai man who later walked to the beach with him before they quarreled and the Thai man then punched him, causing him to fall down. His face hit the floor, causing the wound.

In the second incident, Jackdeef Singh, 23, and two Indian friends came to the Pattaya police station at 5 am to file a complaint that he and his friends were attacked by car park staffs of the Mix Discotheque Pattaya.

Singh told police that he and five friends went to drink at the discotheque. He said when he and his friends were leaving in their car, a car park staff shouted at him and told him to get out of the car.

When he and his friends out of the car, another car park staff hit him in the head with a metal pipe and hit the legs of two of his friends. Singh said the two staffs then fled the scene. He said he was puzzled why he was attacked.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frenchman and Indians assaulted in Pattaya, 3 suspects arrested

fight-9.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police have arrested 3 men who were suspected of assaulting a Frenchman and 3 Indians in two separate cases which occurred in the early hours of Monday.

The first case occurred just before 3am and resulted in head injuries sustained to Mr. Jorge Viera aged 37 from France. He was attacked outside of the Baywalk Residence in South Pattaya by a Thai man who he was earlier seen drinking with.

The pair were seen to argue which led to a physical altercation. Mr. Viera refused hospital treatment but did make a report of the assault at Pattaya Police Station.

The second foreign assault of the night occurred one hour later in the car park of Mixx Discotheque at the Southern end of Walking Street and resulted in three Indians being injured after they entered into a scuffle with two parking attendants.

Mr. Jagdeep Singh aged 24 reported the assault at Pattaya Police Station after he and his friends had returned from Hospital. They claim that as they left the Disco and were about to drive away in their car, one of the attendants told them to stop and exit their vehicle.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/201029/frenchman-and-indians-assaulted-in-pattaya-3-suspects-arrested/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-23

Whilst it's good to know the BIB 'rushed' to the scene, after the fact. I am a bit disappointed, there could have been some better pointing in the pics. What about those Indian boys pointing at each other? That would demonstrate a degree of cluelessness about there victimhood.

The French guy doesn't seem to have his heart in the pointing though? Considering his attacker is caught, that seems a bit selfish.

I expect more from Pattaya crime pics, I understand in rural Thailand they are not as sophisticated but Pattaya is crime spree central.

Come on people time to up the game.

Edited by Manbing

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Very good point. Sounds naive indeed. They simply have little use for us. Very, very few Thais seem to have an interest in a genuine friendship with a fareng. Is this a cultural thing? Many other nations I have been to the local men are open to establishing friends. Not so with most Thai men. Is it a jealousy thing? Or just the thought that there is nothing to be learned from ignorant foreigners? A nationalism thing? It is a real puzzle to me. Even the one who speak excellent english seem to have little interest.

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Hogwash!

Got drunk before with Thai friends during fishing never a problem. But hey we farangs are superior we hold our liquor better we have no criminals at home. No random violence. We have a perfect society and still all the old farts go here because back home they can't get a girl.

Whilst it's good to know the BIB 'rushed' to the scene, after the fact. I am a bit disappointed, there could have been some better pointing in the pics. What about those Indian boys pointing at each other? That would demonstrate a degree of cluelessness about there victimhood.

The French guy doesn't seem to have his heart in the pointing though? Considering his attacker is caught, that seems a bit selfish.

I expect more from Pattaya crime pics, I understand in rural Thailand they are not as sophisticated but Pattaya is crime spree central.

Come on people time to up the game.

Living detached from the everyday grind and crime...allows one to be objective when it comes to the Pattaya street dance...humor is truly the best medicine to maintain one's sanity...enjoyed your vibes...

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life, but after more than a few nights out and in bars around the world, to date, I still can not recall leaving one with a guy i just met to take a walk on the beach.

Is there something in this story that i am missing...

What could a presumptuous European say to a Thai that might be rewarded with an elbow?

Things that make ya go "hmmm"

stupid falangs

Hogwash!

Got drunk before with Thai friends during fishing never a problem. But hey we farangs are superior we hold our liquor better we have no criminals at home. No random violence. We have a perfect society and still all the old farts go here because back home they can't get a girl.

Well, many of us can get a girl back home. But, she would be 200 pounds, ugly, and very, very unpleasant to be with. Or even if she was good looking and thin, she would insist we check our nutsack at the door. Many of us are unwilling to do that, and prefer being with a woman who is comfortable manifesting the dignity and beauty within femininity. I have never enjoyed being with a woman who is more masculine than myself. Or attempts to be so. That is about 70% of the female population in the US. No thanks. Have tried that. Would not trade in my Thai wife for anyone. Much less a westerner.

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

So why comment at all. 14 million people do enjoy it every year. Crime such as this occurs in every city in the world.

Why let facts get in the way of some good old Pattaya bashing!

I had to go to Pattaya once on business and took my wife. May i say I have never been more embarrassed than when we had to drive through the "combat zone' of farang bars and massage parlors. The Foreigners were filthy, dressed like homeless people, drunk .. and honestly .. you could smell them from 3 meters away.

We got out of that area and the rest of the day was at a very nice condo area on a lovely beach. A great dinner at an elegant restaurant, and a drive through some lovely neighborhoods.

It is never good to characterize any area by the Red Light District. I get that crap all the time in Bangkok .. and just want to remind people that every sizable town .. has a "toilet zone" .. if you want to stick your head in it and complain about the stink .. have at it. I say "Bangkok" .. they say "Soi Cowboy" .. and I just want to slap them silly. Really? All there is to BKK is Soi Cowboy? Wow.

And ditto Pattaya, yes .. proportionally, your "toilet" takes up significantly more of the area .. but still .. there is plenty there that is really first class.

Many just come hire to get drunk , I don't understand why the not get drunk in there home country .

Yes don't drink with Thais most don't know when to stop . And don't drink with farangs .

Drink milk .

Hogwash!

Well, many of us can get a girl back home. But, she would be 200 pounds, ugly, and very, very unpleasant to be with. Or even if she was good looking and thin, she would insist we check our nutsack at the door. Many of us are unwilling to do that, and prefer being with a woman who is comfortable manifesting the dignity and beauty within femininity. I have never enjoyed being with a woman who is more masculine than myself. Or attempts to be so. That is about 70% of the female population in the US. No thanks. Have tried that. Would not trade in my Thai wife for anyone. Much less a westerner.

What you mean is with your age and looks your choices were limited. Here because you have some money you can get other girls (as long as you pay a salary ect). That is ok just be honest about the fact your just not a good catch and therefor your choices limited. So you go to a 3rd world country where your money is worth a bit more to negate your other problems.

Then you come to Thavisa complaining about everything else and how bad Thais are and how you don't like to live here. You can't have it all mate.

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

So why comment at all. 14 million people do enjoy it every year. Crime such as this occurs in every city in the world.

14 million every year?

I don't TAT would approve of that statistic. More like:

12 million 2 years ago

13 million last year.

14 million this year.

15 million next year.

16 million, 17 million, 18 million, ad infinitum

:)

Edited by sean in udon