Hello Vietnam

lung

:o

... a friend of mine ...

( 11! year a 30day-runner :D )

means he will move to vietnam :D

i know nothing from there but maybe someone here have some info's ??

VISA !

cost of living

invest

whatever ...

thanks a lot

:D

I'm sure you can get a lot of information by googling the net.

I question, however, if a person that can't follow the visa rules in Thailand can really expect to be able to get along in Vietnam.

Remember the example of "Gary Glitter".

Whatever you say, Vietnam is a rigidly controlled society, and you WILL be watched carefully.

Maybe you can put up with that. Not for me.

Good luck.

VISA !

cost of living

invest

whatever ...

-Visa

Still easy = you buy it (visa business)

But... But... Vietnam has started to be more carefull...

-Cost of living

I would say same as thailand. One difference : farang food appears more expansive.

Healthcare with western standard is much, much more expansive than BKK.

-Invest

Forget it. Only 1 solution (except companies) to put everything in the name of your wife.

Rules regarding companies with foreign shareholders are becoming

You can not of course buy land or houses.

-Whatever

A pretty nice country indeed. And with different scenery : mountains, beaches, north with Hanoi, south with Saigon... But if thai people drives you crazy, you will become insane in Vietnam. Much much harder (little bit softer though in the south compare to the bloody VC's in the north).

Very racist of course. poorly educated. rude.

less developped : less shopping malls, supermarkets, cinemas etc. Less infrastructures.

Political : well they are still a bunch of communists. The second old guard (2nd vietnam war USA) is still in control (= not dead yet). Guess we have to wait.

Still a police state. A family who want to rent a house to a foreigner must fill papers with... police.

And pay taxes of course. :o

Administration : horrible and lack of efficiency.

Corruption : same thailand : everywhere, at all levels. I would say : more.

Vietnamese work more than thai. They are thougher. When the country will be more liberalized, they are going to compete very hard against thai... who already can not compete with chinese.

To sum'up : i love vietnam. But i really dont know if I could leave there full time. This country has many good cards in its hands. Just need a little bit more time.

Edited by cclub75

-Cost of living

I would say same as thailand. One difference : farang food appears more expansive.

Healthcare with western standard is much, much more expansive than BKK.

Farang food in Vietnam is CHEAPER than Vietnam and MUCH better, and draft beer costs less than bottled water, however, if you can't follow the rules in Thailand, forget about Vietnam! :o