Proof of address while on a on-arrival stap?

Hello,

Will I be able to get a proof of address from immigration while staying here on a on-arrival stamp form the airport? I live in Thailand but found myself in between jobs, hence no proper visa for a (hopefully) short while. I actually need the proof of address to legazlie my relationship in Thailand and get a proper visa.

Any by the way, is it possible to extend a 30 days on arrival stamp? And if I do, will I have trouble getting another one or a touriust visa later on?

thanks

Most immigration offices will not issue a certificate of residence if you are on a visa exempt entry. Most will only do them if you have a non immigrant visa entry or an extension of stay. You could perhaps get one from your embassy or consulate.

Perhaps I could offer more help if I knew exactly what you are trying to do.

You can get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht. It will not effect you applying for any visa. It will also no effect getting another visa exempt entry. But you could only do it once or you might have problems.

I actually need the proof of address to legazlie my relationship in Thailand and get a proper visa.

What sort of "relationship" are you trying to legalize? And in order to get what sort of visa? Visas are only issued at embassies or consulates outside Thailand.

What you are asking about is a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. A visa exempt entry, as the name implies, means you would be given permission to stay in Thailand without any visa ... and it can be extended by 30 days. The first 30 days depends on whether you enter by air or crossing a border and whether or not you're using a G7 passport. A land crossing with a passport from a non-G7 country would only get you an initial 15 days.

Why not go to a neighboring country and get a tourist visa. A single entry would give you 60 days plus 30 day extension, which would give you more time to find employment ... unless you're confident that you'll be employed in 30 + 30 days.

I need the proof of address to get married to my girlfriend. She is Indian and her embassy requires this document to issue her the document she need to get married to me.

We want to get married so that I can stay in TH as her dependant (she has a non B) or the other way round once I get a job. We also have a daughter whom we'd like to make a dependant visa aswell.

After 4 years in TH I was suddenly left jobless and without non B visa. I'm currently on my second on arrival 30 day entry stamp and I'm planning to lave and get a tourist visa soon to figuyre out what to do next.

Soooo, I want to get married to get a proper visa but I need a proper visa to get married... ?

It seems odd that you would need proof of residence for her to get the affirmation of permit to marry, Are you sure some other proof of address would not be accepted.

You need an affirmation also.

Dependent upon where you are at you may be able to get a certificate of residence at immigration after you get the tourist visa.