Train to the River Kwai.

sillybilly

Any tips?? Friends have suggested getting to the river

Kwai bridge by train instead of bus or taxi and I feel its a super great idea however looking at seat61.com it appears during June,July the train stops about 3 stations short. Anybody know if there are buses that can take you the rest of the way or taxis?? Is it far away??

Thanks.

Sent from my PNDPP42DG10BLK using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

On Sundays ( and i think Saturday too) there is a special train that leaves from Humpalong Station that does the trip to Kanachinburi, river Kwai and to the end of the line. It leaves at about 8 in the morning and when we did it last year it arrived back late at about 9.00 pm. It costs about 100 baht per person and mainly Thai but is still a good day. Second class fan carriages. Check the details times etc yourself for accuracy as i am only relying on my memory.

On Sundays ( and i think Saturday too) there is a special train that leaves from Humpalong Station that does the trip to Kanachinburi, river Kwai and to the end of the line. It leaves at about 8 in the morning and when we did it last year it arrived back late at about 9.00 pm. It costs about 100 baht per person and mainly Thai but is still a good day. Second class fan carriages. Check the details times etc yourself for accuracy as i am only relying on my memory.

Thanks for the info...

I have found this... http://www.seat61.com/Bridge-on-the-River-Kwai.htm#.VYrFQfmqpHw

but I am worried about this...

MPORTANT IF TRAVELLING 1 JUNE TO 31 JULY 2015: Due to a (welcome) rebuild of the line between Nong Pladuk & Kanchanaburi, no trains will run over this section between 1 June and 31 July 2015. Trains will continue to run between Bangkok & Nong Pladuk and between Kan'buri & Nam Tok.

Also I will only be in Bangkok from the Tuesday to the Thursday.