Phuket death bungy jump demolished for good

webfact

Phuket death bungy jump demolished for good
Nattha Thepbamrung

1435121145_1-org.jpg
Kathu District Chief Sayan Chanachaiyawong (left) inspects the site after the fatal accident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- World Bungy Jump in Patong, where 25-year-old Kuwaiti Abdullah Adel Kadhbahman was seriously injured and later died after a jump there last month, has been demolished and will not re-open.

Following the fatal plunge from which Mr Kadhbahman died from his injuries, Patong Municipality ordered the facility to close until safety standards had been reached and a permit to operate had been issued. (See story here.)

The venue was previously operating without a permit.

However, contrary to other media reports which state that Patong Municipality ordered the owner of the site to demolish the jump, it was actually the owner’s decision to do so, confirmed Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup.

“I had only ordered the owner to close until safety standards had been met and the business was legally registered. However, the owner took it upon himself to completely close down the business and demolish it,” she told The Phuket News.

“I can confirm that the jump was completely demolished on Monday (June 22) as I can actually see the site from the window of my office,” she added.

Meanwhile, The Phuket News contacted Pol Maj Teerasak Boonsaeng who is in charge of the investigation into Mr Kadhmbadman’s death for an update on the charges to be pressed against World Bungy Jump owner, Weenas Janwibolkul.

“I have not yet received the forensic report from the Office of Forensic Science in Bangkok, so I am unable to comment any further on this issue at this time,” he said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-death-bungy-jump-demolished-for-good-52908.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-24

Meanwhile, The Phuket News contacted Pol Maj Teerasak Boonsaeng who is in charge of the investigation into Mr Kadhmbadman’s death for an update on the charges to be pressed against World Bungy Jump owner, Weenas Janwibolkul.

“I have not yet received the forensic report from the Office of Forensic Science in Bangkok, so I am unable to comment any further on this issue at this time,” he said.

In other words............................. sweet FA. bah.gif

Demolished to remove any possibly incriminating evidence that was surely overlooked in the initial investigation.

Agree with above poster that amazingly enough the jump location can now be seen from the office, but prior to this both Keesin and the current mayor couldn't see it.

"Agree with above poster that amazingly enough the jump location can now be seen from the office, but prior to this both Keesin and the current mayor couldn't see it."

Could you, or the above poster, provide a link to where they couldn't see it before?

Thanks.

I know its been demolished because I can see the site from the window of my office. Funny how she couldn't see it for the months and years prior.

What do they say.... Maybe blinded by money?

I think you can blind any Thai hooker, policeman, judge, bureaucrat, government minister with money: they are all very similar....money is their only god.

It is a very venal society.

Those who know how to exploit the system, prosper.

Good on them....................... but don't expect justice when the sword falls.

“I can confirm that the jump was completely demolished on Monday (June 22) as I can actually see the site from the window of my office,” she added. (Quote from Mayor)

For any newbies; all you need to know right here about LOS, an unlicensed Bungy Jump right across from the municiple building and mayor's office window doing dodgy dangles with any farangs crazy enough to give it a whirl and pay their Bhat... how did it go again - Money No1?

"Agree with above poster that amazingly enough the jump location can now be seen from the office, but prior to this both Keesin and the current mayor couldn't see it."

Could you, or the above poster, provide a link to where they couldn't see it before?

Thanks.

Instead of giving you a fish, I'm going to teach you how to fish.

Do some research on the topic and you'll soon discover the answer to your question. HINTS, unlicensed, unregistered and uninsured by a prominent business person in Patong that also owns another prominent tourist attraction.

Demolished to remove any possibly incriminating evidence that was surely overlooked in the initial investigation.

Agree with above poster that amazingly enough the jump location can now be seen from the office, but prior to this both Keesin and the current mayor couldn't see it.

We've never read about that happening before have we in Patong? Some disco fire that was blamed in lightning, not the lighting system that disappeared in the middle of the night. I remember seeing that bungie jump first back in 2004, but I guess no local official ever went bowling or played snooker right next to it. It takes a least one death until anything is inspected for safety, then usually declared an accident.