7-eleven/family mart

bapoboy

have they ever tried to cheat you?

always make sure to get a receipt, check how many items you bought to if it's true.

I bought 3 items, but on the Reciepts it was 4 items, I noticed that the fourth items cost 49 baht, nothing of what I bought cost 49 baht.

I went back to ask what has happened, there had been apparently been accidentally by "bip" one items to much, i got 49baht back and ( im solly mister)

do you have any similar history?

smile.pngthey thought I might be drunk, but I was super drunk.

but can still read smile.png

If they were regally scanning extra items to customers bills they would have to refund and take the money out the till the shop was quiet.

A higher than normal instances of refunds would show up on an audit, this indicates one or more members of staff needs retraining or are on the fiddle.

I think it could happen. I know it does in the case of the useless little stamps they give you. The Thais love them and save millions of them in the hopes of getting something.

I get them about half the time......A freind of mine told me that her employees will go to untold lengths just to scam her business out of twenty baht a week.

The boys are all shifty. My wife was a manager at tesco and one guy even faked his fathers death to get money from the company and other staff. My wife didnt get the deayh certificate so she got in trouble with the audit and was told to pay it back. The police found him and he then paid it back.

The boys are all shifty. My wife was a manager at tesco and one guy even faked his fathers death to get money from the company and other staff. My wife didnt get the deayh certificate so she got in trouble with the audit and was told to pay it back. The police found him and he then paid it back.

Nothing like a good old racial stereotyping. I guess where you come from everyone is an Angel.

Nothing like a good old racial stereotyping. I guess where you come from everyone is an Angel.

Since when are "boys" a race.................

Since when are "boys" a race.................
They are part of the race he is stereotyping

I don't see anything in that post about race. Might you explain your comment?

No, never had a problem with 7 or family mart

Last week I handed over Baht 500 note plus 4 baht in coins in order to not get any more coins back. When the clerk entered it on the cash register she entered Baht 500 and then Baht 104 (instead of just Baht 4). So I got back Baht 100 more in change than I should have. Mistakes happen.

And yes, as I was walking away I was mentally calculating what just happened, looked at the receipt and went back to hand back the extra Baht 100. Wasn't sure if the clerks might get docked any shortages and figured they probably get a barely livable salary. Actually that was the second time at that shop that they gave me too much change.

Despite the common belief that all Thais are out to screw farang, I've never been cheated at FM or 7-Eleven. Mistakes happen, but to say they're trying to cheat customers is just more farang conspiracy nonsense.

I think it could happen. I know it does in the case of the useless little stamps they give you. The Thais love them and save millions of them in the hopes of getting something.

I get them about half the time......A freind of mine told me that her employees will go to untold lengths just to scam her business out of twenty baht a week.

"The Thais love them and save millions of them in the hopes of getting something."

All the Thais I know dump the stamps in the first available bin. Maybe the remaining 66 million fit your silly generalization.

"The boys are all shifty."

So one "boy" allegedly did something wrong ... that really had nothing to do with the thread topic ... and from that we reach the intelligent conclusion that all Thai males are "shifty."

Fairly often there are reports on TV of farang tourists claiming they were robbed in order to make fraudulent insurance claims. So I guess ALL tourists, especially ALL farang tourists, must be pretty shifty too.

I don't see anything in that post about race. Might you explain your comment?

Since there aren't many non-Thai male clerks working in Thai convenience stores, it would seem fairly logical to assume the comment about "shifty boys" refers to Thai males. Who else would "all boys" in a thread about Thai 7-Elevens or Family Marts refer to? Pretty typical Thai bashing here at TV where some dubious single event quickly turns to ALL Thais or in this case ALL Thai males.

No, never had a problem with 7 or family mart

Last week I handed over Baht 500 note plus 4 baht in coins in order to not get any more coins back. When the clerk entered it on the cash register she entered Baht 500 and then Baht 104 (instead of just Baht 4). So I got back Baht 100 more in change than I should have. Mistakes happen.

And yes, as I was walking away I was mentally calculating what just happened, looked at the receipt and went back to hand back the extra Baht 100. Wasn't sure if the clerks might get docked any shortages and figured they probably get a barely livable salary. Actually that was the second time at that shop that they gave me too much change.

Despite the common belief that all Thais are out to screw farang, I've never been cheated at FM or 7-Eleven. Mistakes happen, but to say they're trying to cheat customers is just more farang conspiracy nonsense.

Happens to me at least twice a week that I get back surplus change and that I have to return it.

Must be that I confuse the shop servant with my pink apologist goggles.

7-11 shelf pricing of an item and till receipt of that same item sometimes do not match. Caught them out a few times with this.

Also caught 7-11 staff short changing me more than a few times.

Short changing I find is a regular occurrence at convenience stores and fast food eateries.

There are some dishonest clears anywhere you go. Not all of them, but some.

ALWAYS double check your change ....

I once was shorted 500 baht at McDonald - a clear rip off attempt as she had the note in her hand when I came back and asked ...

luudee

I once did a 200 baht phone top-up at 7-11, but when I entered the code it only showed up as a 100 baht top up.

I am now pretty sure that it was my mistake, I was probably given 2 receipts, each one with a top 100 baht top up.

For some reason most staff don't know how to make a 200 baht top-up on one receipt.

I do not know why the bother with the stamps, we dumped them in favour of loyalty cards years ago, apart giving the customer something, when the cards are registered to an individual the business can get back information an what type of person buys what.

I know that it is possible for employees to swipe their own card if a customer does not present theirs but very difficult to do when there is a queue of customers to be served, and again easy to incorporate into the operating software code to flag up unusual spending habits like the same customer making many purchases a day always with the same employee...

It has never happened to me in 10 years.

All I want to know about Family Marts and 7Elevens is how many are there in Pattaya (including Jomtien, Naklua and the Darkside). Does anyone have a reliable number?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived