Lawyer for former Bangkok Police Chief to meet Japanese prosecutors

webfact

I read that a house speaker quoted to a source I cannot mention that this is a plot to discredit Thailand's aviation industry.

What the reporter failed to ask or even to mention is 'how?'.

No plots required they're doing a great job of screwing their aviation industry themselves.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this excuse work? "It was an honest mistake!"

Worked in the highest court in Thailand...

Why would he get full support, he is retired!!

If he is elderly and can not remember, why is he on such a trip and then comes home not remembering why he went!!!

Even a Policeman should be defended by a Lawyer and not by the Government.

But on the return trip, he put it in a medicine bag, which he then placed in his handbag.

So he KNEW he was being naughty and tried to HIDE it.

Guilty. Lock him up. Any other action would make a mockery of the Japanese legal system.

Prawut said Camronwit had forgotten the gun was in the medicine bag.

BullSh!t

"The gun is very small, a little bigger than a car key chain," he said.

Can it KILL people? ... you buffalo.

LOCK HIM UP!

Edited by Fullstop

What a mess. The excuses from the local side are so transparent that I doubt the Japanese will fall for any of them. Since the Thais are putting so many resources into getting this General out of his own mess, they will probably end up letting him off with a slap on the wrists in the interests of diplomacy. We can all dream that he is punished as any other would be. Perhaps this is the excuse I needed to get back down to the temple for a bit of 'tum boon' clap2.gif

I do wonder why 80 people were over there looking at a waste facility though. Seems like an ironic waste of resources in itself.blink.png

And what does a retired cop have to do with this facility? What input could he have for this?

How is a Thai lawyer going to help, a suitcase full of cash and dropping names of his Thai connections wont help him in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Maybe he will plead insanity, or mental retardation. tongue.pngcoffee1.gif

Due to the extremely large number of Thai officials/ex officials

applying for leniency as they are insane, the courts are deluged and can no longer

accept these, ( probably valid ), pleas !

But on the return trip, he put it in a medicine bag, which he then placed in his handbag.

So he KNEW he was being naughty and tried to HIDE it.

Guilty. Lock him up. Any other action would make a mockery of the Japanese legal system.

BullSh!t

"The gun is very small, a little bigger than a car key chain," he said.

Can it KILL people? ... you buffalo.

LOCK HIM UP!

Not only can it kill someone but it could depressurize the plane and potentially drop it out of the sky killing everyone on board!!!

I read that a house speaker quoted to a source I cannot mention that this is a plot to discredit Thailand's aviation industry.

Thainess, make excuses and/or blame someone else!

How is a Thai lawyer going to help, a suitcase full of cash and dropping names of his Thai connections wont help him in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Maybe he will plead insanity, or mental retardation. tongue.pngcoffee1.gif

I belive his lawyers have already informed the Japanese authorities that he is a high ranking Thai official so these points have been made... tongue.png

As a high ranking police officer, he still does not know that he cannot take a gun abroad in a foreign country unless providing security for politicians or the royals...dumb dumb dumb hope he gets some jail time, tax payers should not be paying for his silly mistakes

You know I don't think an intelligent man as he is would have tried to take a gun knowingly into Japan. What for ?

He did not because a Police chief out of stupidity. All you negative ones that say he knew. I am glad a case cannot be tried here in TV. EVERYONE would be guilty.

Take a look at your selves Have you ever made a mistake ?

Give the guy a break We all make mistakes at one time

That's some serious medicine. I'd hate to see the Healing Services list.

I'm trying to write a decent joke to tell the security people at BKK, the next time they're dutifully poking their metal detector at all my metal prosthetic hinges. I'm working on the "I forgot I had them with me" angle for now, but I think this story has the potential for a far greater classic gag somewhere.

He did not because a Police chief out of stupidity. All you negative ones that say he knew. I am glad a case cannot be tried here in TV. EVERYONE would be guilty.

"did you pack your bags yourself sir ?".....whistling.gif

I wonder how many drug couriers have got off on this excuse, " I forgot, I was carrying 2 kg of Peruvian marching powder officer"

Edited by Soutpeel

Perhaps this has been raised already but I recall a couple of years ago that a senior customs official assaulted a security guard at the airport for trying to check him. So it might be the case that staff are wary of the 'VIP' set.

I don't see the Japanese letting this go easily: they have extremely strict gun laws and are not about to make themselves look fools in the eyes of the world.

You know I don't think an intelligent man as he is would have tried to take a gun knowingly into Japan. What for ?

Johnny English, is that you?

Prawut said the small gun may not have been noticed in the X-ray machine prior to his departure from Bangkok if it was in a vertical position when the bag was scanned at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

cheesy.gif

This is utterly BS, but they need the smoke and mirror for covering up how it got out of Thailand too....

wai2.gif

Im sorry I might be missing something here... why would a retired policeman on a business trip to Japan to view a waste burning power plant even contemplate packing a gun and taking it on commercial flight whether in luggage or carry on.... what possible motive/ driver/ intention/ need would an invited business guest need for a handgun in Japan..

I could somewhat understand this scenario if it was in bottom of his bag .. a relic from his yesteryear activities but he has admitted to packing it prior and then repacking it in Japan into his medicine bag that if I read correctly went into his hand held luggage

I could understand even have a modicum of sympathy if this was a situation where it was unknown by himself that it was in his bag.....i.e I forgot completely it was in there/ old bag I used to use years ago when i was on the force sort of thing ...... but he has obvious cognisance of its existence by virtue of the repack process in Japan and his reported statement that he consciously packed it prior to departure and thus has knowingly tried to board a commercial flight packing a firearm.......

This just doesn't make sense to me in any way . Im not normally a subscriber to conspiracy theories but its almost like he wanted to get caught on return leg hence transferring gun to his carry on luggage where he would have known the screening capability was far greater than what checked luggage receives....... why ??? Who benefits who loses from this if indeed he did want to get apprehended on the return leg.....

I agree, Why would anyone ever consider taking a gun on a plane esp in a carry-on? Not sure I would agree about his motive of wanting to get caught, though. Probably simply assumed the law didn't apply to him garnered from his years as a senior police officer and forgot that he is just a civilian now...

But then he compounded it by knowingly repacking it for the flight home.

Guilty.

Jail.

What a mess. The excuses from the local side are so transparent that I doubt the Japanese will fall for any of them. Since the Thais are putting so many resources into getting this General out of his own mess, they will probably end up letting him off with a slap on the wrists in the interests of diplomacy. We can all dream that he is punished as any other would be. Perhaps this is the excuse I needed to get back down to the temple for a bit of 'tum boon' clap2.gif

I do wonder why 80 people were over there looking at a waste facility though. Seems like an ironic waste of resources in itself.blink.png

".......why 80 people were over there....."

A junta jaunt?

That's some serious medicine. I'd hate to see the Healing Services list.

I'm trying to write a decent joke to tell the security people at BKK, the next time they're dutifully poking their metal detector at all my metal prosthetic hinges. I'm working on the "I forgot I had them with me" angle for now, but I think this story has the potential for a far greater classic gag somewhere.

Perhaps it was Ear Medicine he got from an old pal.

What a "Thai centered" view and commentary! Full blossom of Thainess in action! Please keep that only in Thailand.

Where law is strictly enforced, it really does not matter if you forget nor the gun is legit somewhere else. I really do hope that this guy spends significant amount of time in Japanese jail.

You never know he may like it as Japanese jail is much better than one in Thailand.

No plots required they're doing a great job of screwing their aviation industry themselves.

Regardless of whether or not this is a plot to discredit the Thai aviation industry, it's still a damning indictment of the careless/forgetful attitude high ranking officials have towards the safety aspects of flying. It's no surprise then that this is now evident in the IACO warnings being given to Thailand.