Non Immigrant "O" Visa based on Marriage Question

To apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Vientiane all you will need is your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

No photos and etc will be needed.

How long does it take there?

Thanks

1 day.

You are aware that Savanakhet will issue 1 year non-O without financial proof, Vietianne will not.

Nice, when did they change the rules there, I remember a few years ago the best Non-O was 3 months.

Thanks

1 day.

You are aware that Savanakhet will issue 1 year non-O without financial proof, Vietianne will not.

Nice, when did they change the rules there, I remember a few years ago the best Non-O was 3 months.

Savannakhet has been doing multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage for at least 3 years. Many reports on the this forum about it.

Thanks

1 day.

Savannakhet has been doing multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage for at least 3 years. Many reports on the this forum about it.

Only 3 years! (approx) How did married farang go about things before that then?. (without extensions) No idea how long the extension route has been in place either. Yeah, I'm a newbie, but I had it in my mind that the Savannakhet non-o had been around a lot longer than 3 years.

I said at least 3 years because that was when I first new of Savannakhet doing them, In 2009 they were not doing them.

KL was doing was doing them before but started wanting financial proof like Penang does now. But KL now does not do them at all.

When Savannakhet first started doing the them the big advantage was being able to make the trip overland instead of needing to make the long trip to KL or Penang.

Great news. I think it was 2006 or 2007 when I called them and they would only give a 3 month single entry. Do you know it its a 1 day turnaround (Apply in the morning and visa in the afternoon) or longer?

Hi where is Savanakhet? I am coming back in July but do not have a chance to get a visa so am looking at options do any embassy/Consulate give 1 yr multi entry Non O like Birmingham did. Or cwhat can I get in Manila or Phnom Penh?

Hi where is Savanakhet? I am coming back in July but do not have a chance to get a visa so am looking at options do any embassy/Consulate give 1 yr multi entry Non O like Birmingham did. Or cwhat can I get in Manila or Phnom Penh?

Just enter the name in the search box top right and you will be served the full enchilada of information, to spare you any further internet search, heaven forbids.

• Like 1

Are you planning on getting a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage?

You can get one from the embassy by post or in person. About 5 days by post or next day in person.

Savannakhet Laos is across the Mekong river from Mukdahan.

Besides Savannakhet which does the visa with no financial the only other nearby location is Penang and they ask for financial proof.

You apply by 11 am of one day an pick it up the next afternoon at 2 pm.

You get a Lao visa on arrival. It costs $30 to $40 dependent upon nationality.

Thanks, very useful. I am sure there would be no end of touts there to take me over the boarder and to the consulate as I will get the bus to Mikhadan.

There is no touts to get you across the border at Mukdahan. You cross a bridge.

You take a bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet that stops while you clear immigration. The first bus leaves from the bus stations at about 7:30 am.

• Like 1