Golf Tour Operators - feedback needed

JRW

Hi All,

Been recommeded Sunny Golf Tours by a friend for small golf trip to Pattaya in November, just want to know if anyone has any comments, advice.

Thanks in advance for any help :).

For the last couple of years we've always used GolfAsian, only we book our own hotel and they do the rest.

Been very reliable and easy to deal with, although they do require payment up front.

We lost a round a couple of years ago (to rain), and they wouldn't do a cash refund, but did do an equivalent voucher for this year's trip which was honoured, so no complaints.

For the last couple of years we've always used GolfAsian, only we book our own hotel and they do the rest.

Been very reliable and easy to deal with, although they do require payment up front.

We lost a round a couple of years ago (to rain), and they wouldn't do a cash refund, but did do an equivalent voucher for this year's trip which was honoured, so no complaints.

"We lost a round a couple of years ago (to rain" - most of the courses have signs up saying No Rain Checks so you did well to get that - or rather your tour operator did. Kudos to them.thumbsup.gif

Used Solar Golf a few times and they are well organized. If a small group they can customize to suite your needs or if a single can add on to what they do for others. If a single or small group you can play through the various bar groups who have golf outings. You can check the golf page of Pattaya Sports Club which shows where the various affiliated groups are going during the current month of play. You will find the PSC groups tend to play a lot of the same courses and pick good value courses which appeals to the regular players. If you want to only do the top courses during a week or two then a tour group is probably best as not all groups want to visit the higher cost courses, especially in November when high season tends to start.

I originally came to Thailand 10 years ago on a 3 week golfing holiday,

The first thing I did was join the Pattaya Sports Club ( PSC ) this gives you discounts at all the golf courses in the area.

The next thing was to check out the local golf society's/bars who organize golf on a daily basis these can be found in the Pattaya Mail published every Friday.

I chose to play with Lewiinski's as they were most helpful in getting my PSC membership, plus very easy to get to as they are located in Soi 13/3 just off Beach Road just before you get to Walking St. check out their website lewiinskis.com They also have a very good restaurant & bar.

Hope you enjoy your golfing stay in Pattaya

Can you explain me why tours are needed to play golf ?

It ain't necessarily so........

But see Qman post above

Perhaps he just wants it all organised for him/the group and it's worth it to him for someone else to do that and take away any potential hassles. Eg what to do when you have booked transport and it fails to show........

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments, its a yearly trip and we have used Golf Asian before and they were pretty good, all of the guys on the trip just want to have a stress free time so the contact who travels daily with the group is really important!

Cheers,

JRW