Crews dig in on Jomtien Beach facelift

Rimmer

Crews dig in on Jomtien Beach facelift

n6lands2.jpg

An artist’s rendering of what it might look like when finished.

PATTAYA:--Jomtien Beach’s 270-million-baht facelift is underway and officials promise that, two years from now, it will look a lot better than it does currently.

Contractors have begun taking out trees and ripping up sidewalks, starting from the Dongtan police box to Chaiyapruek Road, an area of 40,000 sq. meters.

The work is being carried out by Nong Nooch Land and Garden Design Co., an arm of the award-winning Najomtien garden and elephant park, in tandem with the Pattaya Engineering Department.

Estimated at 273 million baht and lasting until March 2017, the project calls for resurfacing of sidewalks; planting trees; building sports, recreation, water amusements; adding a playground, public rest area, and a viewpoint. There will be a beach volleyball court with grandstands on two sides, four-meter-wide stairs running down to the beach and a tiled beach footpath.

In addition, new parking facilities, public restrooms, a police substation, and other facilities will be constructed.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/crews-dig-in-on-jomtien-beach-facelift-48327#sthash.kvYiboHW.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-06-25-26 footer_n.gif

That picture isn't from an artist, it's from an illusionist.

This picture is freigthening.

Looks worse than my most pessimistic forecast.

Dead as a dodo.

If Pyongyang had a beach, it would look like this blink.png

Thais just don't 'get' the concept of 'beach', do they? It's supposed to be a place where you can go freely as you wish, not be afraid of broken bottles or sewage polluted water, and in Thailand by preference enjoy vegetation coming down to the edge. Judging by the artisi's impression they are already making preparations to occupy half the beach with restaurants that will take up half the beach and demand money just for sitting down on 'their' stretch of beach.

Why not just concrete in the whole bloody untidy nuisance called sea and have done? My first visit to Jomtien was also my last despite my preferring it to Pattaya.

this pic doesnt show the baht buses the tourist buses the taxis the motor bikes parked all over the place

it is so crowded with vehicles now that you can move

You forgot the cables hanging through the trees. Oh yes, trees to be removed.

No mention about the sea quality.

I was there a few weeks ago, and the stuff that was floating around in the water was downright disgusting.

I remain unimpressed with the open vented gutters. the 'eau de sewer' wafts around the beaches and around the sois.

I won't make any racist comments, but English is certainly not the second language any longer.

post-111567-0-48393100-1435314504_thumb.

post-111567-0-67400500-1435314532_thumb.

That picture isn't from an artist, it's from an illusionist.

This picture is freigthening.

Looks worse than my most pessimistic forecast.

Dead as a dodo.

If Pyongyang had a beach, it would look like this blink.png

No matter what they do, no matter what they screw-up, the TAT will keep propagating Pattaya/Jomtion as "The Premier Sea-Side Resort" in S/E Asia.biggrin.png

But then:

- Beaches below international standards

- Road Traffic and other infra-structure problems = beyond cure, can only get worse, not better.

- The air we breathe and the ocean water we swim in?

- The once world famous "Entertainment"-Sector: Prices way up - quality of service way down.

Does it all have to come to a point, where the theory of "How to kill the goose, that lays the golden eggs", Pattaya/Jomtien will be rated # 1 as a perfect example?

Cheers.

I hope they send some architects to Majorca for learn how to build nice and real clean beaches and beachroads with good entertainement what open all over the night. Majorca has around 23-24 million tourists in their just 6 month long saison. But they are real professional in cleaning the beachesand their WASTEWATER!!!

My suggestion is that they work on replenishing, and enlarging the beaches. I would suggest a consultation with the US corp of Engineers. They do excellent work replensihing the beaches in Clear Water, and St Pete Florida. The Building of breakwaters would be needed to prevent further beach errosion. The beaches are too narrow now.

Sure Jomtien Beach area is in urgent need of a "facelift" but it will be as always that the idea is good but the implementation will only fill up some guys pockets and at the end there will be not much of a facelift done and that what will be done is rotten down in a couple of months!

My experiance in Pattaya since living here!

Is it only on the beggining of jomtien or they will do that all the way up?

The "master plan" is posted about 40 meters from the police station. It seems to show that they are going to tear up the walkway from the police station to the "southern" end of the beach. I do not think they are going to develop the "northern" section past the police station (at least not yet).

Thais just don't 'get' the concept of 'beach', do they? It's supposed to be a place where you can go freely as you wish, not be afraid of broken bottles or sewage polluted water, and in Thailand by preference enjoy vegetation coming down to the edge. Judging by the artisi's impression they are already making preparations to occupy half the beach with restaurants that will take up half the beach and demand money just for sitting down on 'their' stretch of beach.

Why not just concrete in the whole bloody untidy nuisance called sea and have done? My first visit to Jomtien was also my last despite my preferring it to Pattaya.

I agree. If they are going to do this just make it a 2 mile wide concrete boat ramp......with no parking areas for the trucks and trailers.