British man found hanged at his Phuket home

webfact

es getting pain medicine in Thailand is next to impossible. For some reason nieve and uneducated Doctors who practice medicine here like to call anyone in pain a drug addict. Such bullshit. I have a severe neck injury. And I contemplated suicide once myself many years ago. I never understood why people would do that. Untill I was in extreme pain and had no pain medicine for awhile. Doctors here really do not know what the hell they are doing. Its very scary. And how they became doctors in the first place is very scary. RIP

So why are you still here?!!

I really don't get this mentality of blaming Thailand for their ailments when they can easily go home and seek proper treatment!

Are you addicted to Thailand that much?

es getting pain medicine in Thailand is next to impossible. For some reason nieve and uneducated Doctors who practice medicine here like to call anyone in pain a drug addict. Such bullshit. I have a severe neck injury. And I contemplated suicide once myself many years ago. I never understood why people would do that. Untill I was in extreme pain and had no pain medicine for awhile. Doctors here really do not know what the hell they are doing. Its very scary. And how they became doctors in the first place is very scary. RIP

So why are you still here?!!

I really don't get this mentality of blaming Thailand for their ailments when they can easily go home and seek proper treatment!

Are you addicted to Thailand that much?

I suppose because Thailand markets itself as a destination to retire to.

So, on that basis, with simple supply and demand market forces, one could reasonably expect certain medical infastructure to be available.

in case you get really sick, isn't it best to go back to your home country & get some good old free NHS ?

if you get sick here with no insurance, than bankrupcy can happen quick

RIP the guy

That's a good post Sammy, but I have heard different things about the rules for going back to the UK for the " good old free NHS.

First I read here in Thaivisa that if you had paid all the contributions required, you could go back to the UK for treatment.

Then I have read the opposite to that. Then again if you have a UK passport, I cannot see any hospital turn you down.

Friend of mine had lung and brain cancer last year. Been here for years and in South America before that. He managed to get himself to the nearest hospital to Heathrow where he immediately was given treatment. Unfortunately, he was far too late but was given treatment and pain relief till he died.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but it was good the hospital looked after him.

Take your PDR to a pharmacy in Cambodia

Sorry to seem dumb, but what's a PDR? If it's a Dr's prescription the problem appears to be getting one from a Thai Doctor, particularly for a serious painkiller like Oxycodone. Have a friend who appears to be in exactly the same situation as the deceased (RIP), and he was told by his physician that in Thailand to get a product like Oxy he would have to be in a hospital bed.

Sorry to seem dumb, but what's a PDR? If it's a Dr's prescription the problem appears to be getting one from a Thai Doctor, particularly for a serious painkiller like Oxycodone. Have a friend who appears to be in exactly the same situation as the deceased (RIP), and he was told by his physician that in Thailand to get a product like Oxy he would have to be in a hospital bed.

Physician's Desk Reference--an encyclopiedia of drugs by chemical, code, and generic names and description used by doctors to decide on medication. Simply find the pharmaceutical product you want in the PDR; then ask the pharmacist for it.

Physician's Desk Reference--an encyclopiedia of drugs by chemical, code, and generic names and description used by doctors to decide on medication. Simply find the pharmaceutical product you want in the PDR; then ask the pharmacist for it.

Thanks Smotherb. I'll relay that information to my friend.

Depression can be devastating. I do believe he could of left the country, if proper medical services were not being rendered. Perhaps a more positive outcome could of happened. Nobody knows what his ailment was, but if it was a life threatening/painful disease....then it could of led to this. I do not know him, but I do know many (including myself) that had let their own inability to deal with life's circumstances get the the best of them. Suicide is not always warranted. If you feel that you can no longer handle pain (physical or mental)...then do try to get help from friends and family...

It is the ones you leave behind, that suffer the most ..with this.

in case you get really sick, isn't it best to go back to your home country & get some good old free NHS ?

if you get sick here with no insurance, than bankrupcy can happen quick

RIP the guy

If your an expat and have lived outside of the UK for more than 3 years you cannot get any NHS treatment for the first 3 months it might well have been increased to 6 months , it really cheeses me off as HMRC enjoy deducting taxes from my pensions every month on top of that I paid 40 years of NI stamps !!!! RIP to the scouser !

Absolute crap. Read my post # 29. Also I had very nice treatment for a growth in my ear last June till September. Were you in Dads Army playing the old Scotsman? He was also a prophet of doom

I suggest you read the attached:

Implementing_overseas_charging_regulations_2015.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-overseas-visitors-hospital-charging-regulations