Visa from Holland

On Sunday 26 July I am traveling back home (Holland) for 2 weeks. I am married to a Thai woman, so at this moment I stay in Thailand on a single entry Non immigrant-O (marriage) visa. My visa expires on 4 of August, So than I am in Holland. I have got my visa from Savannakhet, so you don't have to show the any money in your bank account. But if I want to get a new visa in Holland I have to show 20.000 Euro in a bank account and they want to have some kind of travvelplan etc. The rules are much more strickt to get a vsa when I am in Holland. They also said that when my visa expires I can get a new visa and not before.

So what can I do best? On the 13th of August I arrive back in Thailand. I am thinking of a visa on arrival for 30 days. And than go to Savannakhet within the 30 days. Only I have already got a lot of Visa's in my passport and I am afraid the immiigration officer not trust it that I will leave after 30 days, and is going to ask me al kind off difficult questions.

I can also get a tourist visa, but than it is the same story as the visa on arrival. And you also must be able to show a plain ticket out of the country.

Thanks for your help.

best regards,

H. Florijn

dear Drees,

i am dutch too

I got a non O visa retirement at the thai embassy.

I used a dutch agent at a cost of € 25 . No need for a bankstatement only copy bankstatement with monthincome.

Questions about traveldates. Just fill in the next visitdate to thailand.

hope this helps.

You could do a border run for another 90 day entry before you leave and get a get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep it valid when you return.

Or you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration and get a re-entry permit for it.

You could get a 30 day visa exempt entry but you may be asked to show a ticket out of the country with 30 days in order to board your flight.

dear Drees,

i am dutch too

I got a non O visa retirement at the thai embassy.

I used a dutch agent at a cost of € 25 . No need for a bankstatement only copy bankstatement with monthincome.

Questions about traveldates. Just fill in the next visitdate to thailand.

hope this helps.

Dear Fleur,

Thanks, it was helpful. Only the problem is I have no month income, and also not have 20.000 Euro.

What agent did you use?

Thanks.

Best regards,

H. Florijn

You could do a border run for another 90 day entry before you leave and get a get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep it valid when you return.

Or you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration and get a re-entry permit for it.

You could get a 30 day visa exempt entry but you may be asked to show a ticket out of the country with 30 days in order to board your flight.

Thanks for your advice! You said: "You could do a border run for another 90 day entry before you leave and get a get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep it valid when you return." You mean getting a new visa in Savannakhet? I e-mailed the Thai embassy in Holland and they said that I only could apply for a new visa when my old one was expired. Is that not true? And I can get a new visa before my old one expires?

Thanks.

Best regards,

H. Florijn

I did not mention getting a new visa.

Sorry I misread your OP I was thinking you already had a multiple entry visa partly because you wrote that your visa was expiring on the 4th of August which in reality seems to be your permitted to stay date. In this case getting the 60 day extension I mentioned would be a good choice.

I you only had a single entry visa the embassy is wrong in saying you have to wait for your visa to expire. It is already invalid since you have already used the one entry it allowed.

You could also make a trip to Savannakhet before you leave.