Govt. vows to find alternative sources of energy to reduce imports

Lite Beer

@ Halloween,

Using that gas is as simple as it gets, connect it to the existing generators air intake, with a secondary air-gas mix valve and start up.

For the corrosive H2s, pass the gas thru a pipe with steel wool,

The steel wool can later be used in the melting oven.

Old knowledge, nothing difficult.

@ Eliotness,

It depends how you construct your landfill, new techniques and awareness do have a good influence.

A mixture of composting technique with a higher % of organic matter makes wonders.

Substrates from organic matters are not dangerous and easy to manage.

Condensates are valued raw materials for the production of fertilizers and other chemicals.

Many simple techniques are available and easy applied.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strictly enforced disposal at landfills, with state of the art gas collection would certainly help. However there is a problem ! If you push recycling too far all you are left with in most landfills is used disposable nappies.

This actually happened to my company servicing Soweto, where everything was either recycled or burnt as fuel and therefore the main waste taken for landfill disposal was ash and dirty nappies.

In most of the worlds countries there is not the strict regulation on what may go to landfill as in parts of Europe, so you find many toxic household chemicals "in the bin". Then there is hazardous industrial waste, not sure what the regulations are in Thailand or even if they have the expertise to enforce them. You therefore are faced with a potentially very hazardous condensate, which will need the expense of regular chemical analysis before disposal or reuse.

As most rural homes have a kitchen garden, then green waste is best composted at home not village or regional sites. Assisting households in making their own composters would be a good project. Seen some in RSA and the UK made from recycled and compressed plastic bags. Looks like wood but the termites don't eat it.

Me thinks that one alternative energy is by harnessing the "hot air" generated by Thai Government Officials, Politicans, Academics, Celebs, Thai Media and most ordinary Thais.......it will be enough to run this country forever..................cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Strictly enforced disposal at landfills, with state of the art gas collection would certainly help. However there is a problem ! If you push recycling too far all you are left with in most landfills is used disposable nappies.

This actually happened to my company servicing Soweto, where everything was either recycled or burnt as fuel and therefore the main waste taken for landfill disposal was ash and dirty nappies.

In most of the worlds countries there is not the strict regulation on what may go to landfill as in parts of Europe, so you find many toxic household chemicals "in the bin". Then there is hazardous industrial waste, not sure what the regulations are in Thailand or even if they have the expertise to enforce them. You therefore are faced with a potentially very hazardous condensate, which will need the expense of regular chemical analysis before disposal or reuse.

As most rural homes have a kitchen garden, then green waste is best composted at home not village or regional sites. Assisting households in making their own composters would be a good project. Seen some in RSA and the UK made from recycled and compressed plastic bags. Looks like wood but the termites don't eat it.

Thats 100% correct Eliotness.

a new technique developed is, the whole mix burried for special composting, extract the gas, after decomposing the organics, sieve them out, the rest plastic can be used either for plastwood or for gasification. the compost fraction makes an excellent fertilizer.

just keep the nasty chemicals out...

a new technique developed is, the whole mix burried for special composting, extract the gas, after decomposing the organics, sieve them out, the rest plastic can be used either for plastwood or for gasification. the compost fraction makes an excellent fertilizer.

You continually make proposals that are overwhelmingly labour intensive, and so only economically viable if labour has a very small value, even with subsidies. How does the advancement of poor people include sorting garbage or shovelling shit for peanuts? Because as soon as you start to pay these people a decent wage, even subsidies won't let you compete on price.

The last power station that I worked in had 4 x 660MW Toshiba units. On back shifts and weekends, there was less than 20 (very well paid) people on site.

You continually make proposals that are overwhelmingly labour intensive, and so only economically viable if labour has a very small value, even with subsidies. How does the advancement of poor people include sorting garbage or shovelling shit for peanuts? Because as soon as you start to pay these people a decent wage, even subsidies won't let you compete on price.

The last power station that I worked in had 4 x 660MW Toshiba units. On back shifts and weekends, there was less than 20 (very well paid) people on site.

@ Halloween,

i regret to say this, but you give me the impression that you do know BS, but you don't understand anything about what we are talking about... not to say you have no idea how it works here in Thailand...

@ Halloween,

i regret to say this, but you give me the impression that you do know BS, but you don't understand anything about what we are talking about... not to say you have no idea how it works here in Thailand...

Not only do I know BS, I can smell it a mile away. I know what you are talking about, small scale, low value, labour intensive schemes only competitive with large subsidies and low wages.

@ Halloween,

Not only do I know BS, I can smell it a mile away. I know what you are talking about, small scale, low value, labour intensive schemes only competitive with large subsidies and low wages.

Now that is what can be called BS... an not even a keystroke away...