Greece's future in balance as creditors reject aid extension

Lite Beer

My question is, as Greece is part of the Euro what's to stop Greece just printing more Euros?

The answer is that Greece has never printed any euro and never will print any, unless they want to print fake money.
Not correct, they do print.

quote ............Greek banks are to remain closed and capital controls will be imposed, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras says..............

was that part of your election manifesto ????????? I think not, if I have money in a bank for safe keeping I expect to be able to withdraw it at any time, give me my money

I can remember a long time ago when I used to get my money paid to me in cash - the world changed for the worst when we where forced to take in cheque and then eventually some months later - direct to a bank

All you people that are still working - try getting a job or getting paid if you don't have a bank account - if the people want to revolt against the system then insist on cash only............sorry I don't have one of them bank account things .......oh how the world changed when cash disappeared

As the Cypriots found out. It's no longer your money while it's in their "safe keeping".

As the whole of the EU soon may found out, there was last year a law brought in force, which enables the Cyprus event a possibility in every EU country.

quote ............Greek banks are to remain closed and capital controls will be imposed, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras says..............

was that part of your election manifesto ????????? I think not, if I have money in a bank for safe keeping I expect to be able to withdraw it at any time, give me my money

I can remember a long time ago when I used to get my money paid to me in cash - the world changed for the worst when we where forced to take in cheque and then eventually some months later - direct to a bank

All you people that are still working - try getting a job or getting paid if you don't have a bank account - if the people want to revolt against the system then insist on cash only............sorry I don't have one of them bank account things .......oh how the world changed when cash disappeared

aaaah yes cashless pay was bought in by mrs thatcher ..it was the trucks act..i remember queuing up to open an account at the t.s.b. next to euston .station.

aaaah yes cashless pay was bought in by mrs thatcher ..it was the trucks act..i remember queuing up to open an account at the t.s.b. next to euston .station.

It also entitled you to be paid weekly. The company I worked for bribed us with a months pay in hand, instead of working over 3 weeks without pay.