How to get good deals on Bkk-UK flights?

I need to book a return flight for BKK-MAN-BKK soon for around August, whenever I book flights I never seem to be able to find any good deals at all yet Im always hearing about people who get them! Ive been searching all the websites as well as checking on the carrier sites and I can barely see any difference in prices, is there any point going with these 'discount' sites?

Can anyone advise on what the BKK-AMS-MAN flight is like with KLM? They seem to be the best ones who are flying at decent times (leaving morning/noon Thai time and arriving night time UK) but the best price I can see is 39k each :( Also what is there extra leg room and comfort seats like? On some of the flights it looks like we wont even get to sit together unless we pay extra for those!

Uk-Thai-Uk flights always seem cheaper than the other way, any reason why?

Often asked and never saw a satisfactory answer.

Ethihad sounds good but from what Ive seen all their departure times suck

BKK leaving 20:35h, arrival MAN 7:40h.

Not too bad? Total time 17:05h, well not record breaking, but you have to pay a price for the price.

30650 Baht return in July.

Back: 20:25h, arriving 18:20h, total time 15:55h.

Edited by KhunBENQ

And you should always give an idea when you want to fly.

The best price season (May, June) comes to an end now.

Have found week day flights a touch cheaper. Dont know if u know the price check site sky scanner imo its quite a good one..

Edited by rijit

Uk-Thai-Uk flights always seem cheaper than the other way, any reason why?

Often asked and never saw a satisfactory answer.

Ethihad sounds good but from what Ive seen all their departure times suck

BKK leaving 20:35h, arrival MAN 7:40h.

Not too bad? Total time 17:05h, well not record breaking, but you have to pay a price for the price.

30650 Baht return in July.

Back: 20:25h, arriving 18:20h, total time 15:55h.

Thanks, seen a lot around those times but trying to avoid jet lag when I get there so ideally fly morning here and land night time UK...

Yep.

If you are fully flexible you have to search through the weekdays either manually or with a search engine capable to do so.

A Monday <> Tuesday example in June:

(Montag = Monday, Dienstag = Tuesday)

post-99794-0-29977300-1435645676_thumb.j

BTW:

on the Etihad site you would get the same flight for 30950 THB.

I would invest the extra 300 Baht, as some of the internet fllight bookers are notoriously unreliable.

Don't know about "Airticket24".

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes exactly what I was going to say too Bernard and in fact Ive noticed this for years, Uk-Thai-Uk flights always seem cheaper than the other way, any reason why?

That question really has been done to death so many times on this forum, have a look with the search function.

Thanks, seen a lot around those times but trying to avoid jet lag when I get there so ideally fly morning here and land night time UK...

Well with that you seem to belong to a minority tongue.png

(I should have read your post more carefully)

Cheapest I could find matching your wishes:

Emirates, 9:55 BKK -> 19:15 MAN, 36870 Baht.

Return flight is overnight of course. No day flights possible.

Good luck finding something cheaper. Look out for special/promos (also here in the forum).

You can easily try your options with http://skyscanner.com.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I booked exactly what you are looking for on Aug 14th (Friday?) with BA. Leaving BKK about 11.40 (am) arriving MAN 9.15 pm (about 1 hour in Heathrow.) It cost me 620 UKP. The company/agent was called Gate-to-Gate. Last year did the same via Amsterdam - it cost over 850!

I can afford a taxi to airport now.