A star is born

mascarabertha

I'd forgotten that the place is closed on Thursdays (I learned that the hard way myself a while back....), and I'm not happy to hear that it's now closed during "normal" breakfast hours, assuming that's correct. I have ordered breakfast in there at 7 pm however, so I hope that's still an option. The man has a gift when it comes to home fried potatoes, and his homemade sausage patties are worth travelling for!

Tuu is running the restaurant on his own. He needs time to buy food in the mornings which is why he changed the opening hours.

"I went today at lunch, it was shut and looked like it had been for a while"

maybe you had the wrong place as it was open at lunchtime today

Yes I went to the garden Ribs place must have posted in the wrong thread somewhow.

• 1 year later...
Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I just went to Tuu's Kitchen today, or rather what used to be Tuu's Kitchen. It's gone. The sign is gone, too.  Did it move or is it out of business?

On the Meals on wheels 4 U website, they are listed as Temporary closed,which

could mean they will never reopen,as others that have said the same.

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just went to Tuu's Kitchen today, or rather what used to be Tuu's Kitchen. It's gone. The sign is gone, too.  Did it move or is it out of business?

Never been there or know anything about it, but I saw just yesterday a post on a website in Thai language something about a business called Tuu's Kitchen in C.M., where the owner stated he was closing up due to poor health.

Subtlety on the sign, "Farang Food".......can you imagine the reaction if you had a sign outside an Indian Restaurant in England or a Mexican Restaurant in USA which said "Foreign Food"....anyway, never mind, if its closed now anyway.

2 hours ago, EL159 said:

Subtlety on the sign, "Farang Food".......can you imagine the reaction if you had a sign outside an Indian Restaurant in England or a Mexican Restaurant in USA which said "Foreign Food"....anyway, never mind, if its closed now anyway.

it is gone blissfully. it is a subsidised venture from the owners of classic burgers which is closed as well.

53 minutes ago, logon1 said:

it is gone blissfully. it is a subsidised venture from the owners of classic burgers which is closed as well.

Classic Burgers is due to reopen tomorrow.  Not sure about the link to the kitchen you allude to.  Did not think Craig and his wife had any links to that at all.

They had signs on the rolladoors and on their web site for quite a while advising of temp closure (see below from FB)

we are sorry we have to closed for one week from Dar 26-5. March will open on time thanks

Edited by mamborobert

On 7/2/2015 at 11:37 PM, Mapguy said:

"A star is born." OH !!!!!! I thought for a moment there that the wise men might be abroad again and it announced the second coming! Oh HECK!!

...and I thought the post was going to be about Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson... 

On March 5, 2017 at 11:29 AM, ilostmypassword said:

He posted on his FB page that he's currently dealing with some medical issues, but plans to reopen in a shop near Pantip when he recovers.