Options and risks of overstaying

That may be but im really talking about what others call excempt, as it seems. In my whole 10 years of going to Thailand now, living here, working here and what not, i always been told that i got a "visa-on-arrival" if i didnt make a Tourist-Visa (or something else) beforehand.

German institutions call it visa-on-arrival even its not a visa on arrival. I mean the 30 day intial thing that one gets if he didnt do anything before. Just arriving at Aiport Bkk. And not only german institutions. I think also Thailand itself calls it like this on various signs around the country.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/visa-on-arrival.php

There seems to be alot of confusion because its the authorities that call it wrong.

Usually not a good idea to rely on unofficial, commercial web sites for information ....................

If you check very carefully that link you provide has no association with the "Authorities" but it does succeed in providing incorrect and misleading information.

Here is a link to the Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs which details the various visa optons

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908

Edited by nowretired

IMHO it's best not to be on overstay. If you are unlucky and are challenged at a checkpoint while on overstay (even for 1 day) it may not be a pleasant experience.....not worth trying to avoid paying 1900 baht for an extension to ensure you are legit...just my opinion of course

No problem only 500 baht

They like it a bit extra but be smart go extend your VISA 30 days 1900 baht and they may not sting you the 500

Not 500. The OP would stay 32 days in country which makes a fine of 1,000.