Fujifilm digital camera model number finepix f500 exr keeps freezing

My above stated camera keeps freezing up when starting it up. Then for a short period it worked properly before again freezing and is frozen now. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for all comments good or bad. I more than likely will end up taking it to a camera store here in Chiang Mai which are the best and most reasonable.

Whenever I have a problem with an electronics, I will take the battery out, let it reset itself and then turn it on again. Sometimes that seems to clear up the problem.

Other than that, I agree that taking it to the camera store is probably best.

OP.....Try what poster taiwangirl suggests. Leave the battery out for a day...it won't hurt.

If there's no joy doing that then it's off to your friendly camera shop for repair if possible

or replacement. Since it is a discontinued model replacement with a newer model may

be the only option. Good luck.

Not sure that is a strange problem. I wonder if you should format whatever chip you have in the camera? On a pc or mac? Maybe the cam is trying to read the chip, as part of the booting process, and is not able to do that? If you don't want to format the chip, maybe remove it and see if the cam boots properly without the chip.

OP.....Try what poster taiwangirl suggests. Leave the battery out for a day...it won't hurt.

If there's no joy doing that then it's off to your friendly camera shop for repair if possible

or replacement. Since it is a discontinued model replacement with a newer model may

be the only option. Good luck.

In addition to what Sunshine (and taiwangirl) said above, while the battery is out, put a fan on it, preferably in an air-con room in case there is a bit of condensation in there. Try a different memory card as well, sometimes they get confused.

Ours did the same and we send it to Bangkok to get it looked at,two months later it came back!

There was a little bit of dust inside blocking it to focus and it would shut off.

There was no charge and it has been working fine for awhile now.

Archived